- Published: Feb. 1, 2014 at 08:38 p.m.
- Updated: April 1, 2014 at 08:45 p.m.
Top 50 NFL draft prospect rankings
Two defenders rise; Bridgewater remains draft's top QB
The majority of the pro days have come and gone. That has resulted in a few changes to my Top 50 prospects list.
However, the order of my top three quarterbacks has remained the same. Teddy Bridgewater had a rough pro day, but I'm going to stick with what I saw on his game tape and keep him as the top quarterback prospect in this draft class. There's a lot of depth at the quarterback position in this draft, but I don't have any of the quarterbacks currently in my top 10.
Two defensive players who moved up are cornerback Kyle Fuller and defensive end Dee Ford. In a draft short on edge rushers, Ford's stock is on the rise. Meanwhile, Fuller has gone from a fringe first-round pick to a likely first-round selection.
There's a lot of talk of no running backs getting picked in first round, but in my opinion Carlos Hyde is worthy of a first-round selection and he moved up three spots to be the No. 24-rated prospect.
For full analysis, click on the player's name.
- New NCAA rule approved to protect quarterbacks
- CB Victor Hampton arrested following dispute with sister
- In the Green Room with Fresno State QB Derek Carr
- Jared Lorenzen brings humor to NCAA legislation
- Browns' Josh Gordon sees club drafting top quarterback
- Anthony Barr believes Cowboys see him as defensive end
- Media report blasts handling of Jameis Winston investigation
- Brian Cushing: Clowney's 'going to be a great football player'
About the author:
Daniel Jeremiah is a former scout for three different NFL teams. Most recently, he was the West Coast scout for the Philadelphia Eagles from 2010 to 2012. He previously worked as a national scout with the Cleveland Browns (2007-08) and a West Coast scout for the Baltimore Ravens (2005-06), after initially joining the team as a personnel assistant from 2003 to 2004. Jeremiah graduated in 2000 from Appalachian State, where he started at quarterback for three seasons.