Quarterback Taylor Heinicke was thrust into the Carolina Panthers' starting quarterback slot ahead of Week 16 when Cam Newton was shut down with a shoulder injury.
Guard Trai Turner (ankle) and defensive tackle Kawann Short (calf) did not practice on Wednesday for the Panthers.
Here are other injuries we're monitoring on Wednesday:
- With the Eagles' playoff hopes hanging in the balance, some good news was delivered by Philadelphia coach Doug Pederson on Wednesday.
Peters didn't practice on Wednesday, though, and defensive end Michael Bennett (foot), safety Corey Graham (illness), cornerback Sidney Jones (hamstring) and quarterback Carson Wentz (back) were also DNPs. Defensive tackle Fletcher Cox (hip) and receiver Mike Wallace (ankle) were limited.
- Packers receiver Davante Adams finds himself with some injury problems heading into the final game of a terrific season. Adams did not practice on Wednesday, but said he expects to play Sunday in the finale against the Lions. Packers defensive tackle Kenny Clark (elbow) was sent to injured reserve on Wednesday. Quarterback Aaron Rodgers (knee/groin) was a full participant, while cornerbackJaire Alexander (groin), receiverRandall Cobb (concussion), tight endJimmy Graham (knee/thumb), linebacker Clay Matthews (back) and tackle Jason Spriggs (concussion) did not participate.
- Dolphins cornerback Xavien Howard (knee) was limited on Wednesday, as were linebacker Kiko Alonso (knee/hamstring), defensive tackle Ziggy Hood (hamstring), offensive tackle Laremy Tunsil (knee) and quarterback Ryan Tannehill (shoulder/ankle).
- Bills running back Chris Ivory (shoulder) has not played in the previous two games, but "should be in good shape this week," coach Sean McDermott said on Wednesday. He was a full participant in practice.
- Colts tight end Eric Ebron (concussion protocol) will be limited for Wednesday's practice, while center Ryan Kelly (neck) and safety Clayton Geathers (knee) will not practice.
- Browns cornerback Denzel Ward, center J.C. Tretter (ankle), defensive tackle Larry Ogunjobi (biceps) and linebacker Tanner Vallejo (hamstring) did not practice on Wednesday. Tight end David Njoku (knee) was limited.
- Cowboys guard Zack Martin did not practice Wednesday and is unlikely to play on Sunday against the Giants. Defensive lineman Tyrone Crawford (neck) also will not practice on Wednesday, but is reported to be doing much better following a scary injury Sunday in which he was carted off the field. Defensive lineman David Irving (ankle) also did not practice and linebacker Sean Lee (hamstring) was a limited participant.
- Bears safety Eddie Jackson (ankle), linebacker Aaron Lynch (elbow) and receiver Allen Robinson (ribs) did not participate at practice.
- Jaguars running back Leonard Fournette (ankle/foot), who has missed multiple games this season due to injury, was a limited participant on Wednesday, as was quarterback Cody Kessler (shoulder). Kicker Josh Lambo (groin), cornerback A.J. Bouye (toe) and offensive tackle Josh Wells (concussion) are also expected to miss practice.
- Lions receiver Kenny Golladay (chest), defensive tackle Damon Harrison (ankle), defensive backQuandre Diggs (back), defensive tackle A'Shawn Robinson (knee) and cornerback DeShawn Shead (knee) missed practice on Wednesday. Running back LeGarrette Blount (knee) and cornerbackJamal Agnew (knee) were limited and quarteback Matthew Stafford practiced in full despite a lingering back injury.
- Rams coach Sean McVay said running back Todd Gurley (knee) and safety Lamarcus Joyner (ankle) were day to day, but would be doing work with the training staff on Wednesday.
- Texans receivers DeAndre Hopkins (knee) and Keke Coutee (hamstring) were limited participants on Wednesday, as were defensive end J.J. Watt (knee) and running back Lamar Miller (ankle).
- Jets receivers Quincy Enunwa (ankle) and Jermaine Kearse (achilles) did not practice on Wednesday, nor did kicker Jason Myers (hip).
- Niners running back Matt Breida (ankle), receivers Marquise Goodwin (calf) and Dante Pettis (knee) and offensive tackle Joe Staley (non-injury) did not practice on Wednesday.
- Buccaneers receiver DeSean Jackson (Achilles) and defensive end Carl Nassib (shoulder) did not participate in Wednesday's practice, while defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul (knee/shoulder) and defensive tackle Gerald McCoy (shoulder) were limited.
- Falcons receiverJulio Jones (hip/ribs) and running back Tevin Coleman (groin) were each absent from practice on Wednesday. Linebacker Deion Jones (foot) was a limited participant.