Leonard Fournette, whose hamstring injury prevented him from playing in Week 2, is listed among a group of players expected to practice Wednesday, the team announced.
Fournette's specific participation level won't be clear until the later in the afternoon, but his return to the practice field should provide a level of optimism on his availability leading to Sunday. The Jaguars will have two additional days of practice after Wednesday, and the second-year pro's progress will be closely monitored leading to Friday's game designation.
The remaining Jaguars players expected to practice Wednesday are offensive linemen A.J. Cann (triceps) and Jeremy Parnell(knee). Yeldon (ankle), running backBrandon Wilds (illness), center Brandon Linder (knee) and tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins (core muscle injury) are not expected to practice.
Here are other injuries were tracking Wednesday:
- Cleveland Browns wide receiver Jarvis Landry is questionable for Thursday's game against the New York Jets because of a knee injury. Tight end Seth DeValve has been ruled out with a hamstring injury and linebacker Christian Kirksey is doubtful. Defensive back Damarious Randall is questionable with a heel injury.
- Jets linebacker Josh Martin and tight end Neal Sterling have been ruled out for Thursday because of a concussion and safety Marcus Maye is doubtful because of a foot injury.
- The Atlanta Falcons are taking a wait-and-see approach with defensive end Takk McKinley, who suffered a groin injury in Week 2. McKinley is considered day to day and his status is up in the air for Sunday's game against the New Orleans Saints, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, via a source informed of the situation. Rapoport added the injury is not considered a long-term ailment.
Running back Jay Ajayi (back), linebacker D.J. Alexander (knee), linebacker Nathan Gerry (groin) and running back Darren Sproles (hamstring) did not practice. Offensive tackle Jason Peters (quadricep) was limited. Pederson said Ajayi and Sproles are day to day but noted Sproles' recovery is "a little longer." The Eagles promoted undrafted running back Josh Adams to the roster Tuesday.
- Kansas City Chiefs coach Andy Reid said safety Eric Berry (heel) and defensive end Chris Jones (groin) won't practice today.
- Minnesota Vikings running back Dalvin Cook (hamstring), cornerback Marcus Sherels (chest) and offensive tackle Rashod Hill (ankle) did not practice.
- Carolina Panthers cornerback Donte Jackson (groin), wide receiver Curtis Samuel (medical illness), safetyDa'Norris Searcy (concussion) and guard Trai Turner (concussion) didn't practice. Wide receiver Damiere Byrd (knee) was limited.
- New York Giants cornerback Eli Apple (groin), linebacker Connor Barwin (knee) and linebacker Olivier Vernon (ankle) did not practice. Wide receiver Kaelin Clay (ankle) and tight end Evan Engram (ankle) were limited participants.
- Miami Dolphins safety Reshad Jones (shoulder) did not practice. Coach Adam Gase said he is day to day.
- Tennessee Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota was limited Wednesday because of lingering numbness in his fingers. "It is getting better, but, yeah, it is frustrating," he said.
- Houston Texans defensive end Jadeveon Clowney (back), wide receivers Sammie Coates (hamstring), Keke Coutee (hamstring), Will Fuller (hamstring) and DeAndre Hopkins (thumb/ankle), and tight end Ryan Griffin (hip) were limited in practice.
- Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll told reporters linebacker Bobby Wagner (groin) is practicing and expected to play Sunday versus the Dallas Cowboys. Carroll said guard D.J. Fluker (hamstring) and cornerback Tre Flowers (hamstring) are on track to return this weekend. He had no update on wide receiver Doug Baldwin (knee).
- New England Patriots wide receiver Josh Gordon (hamstring) was limited in his first practice with his new team.
- Ravens tight end Hayden Hurst (foot), defensive tackle Willie Henry (abdomen), running back Alex Collins (illness), defensive tackle Michael Pierce (foot) and linebacker C.J. Mosley (knee) did not practice. Offensive tackle Ronnie Stanley (elbow) and linebacker Matthew Judon (hamstring) were limited.
- Cardinals wideout Larry Fitzgerald (hamstring) did not participate in practice. Offensive lineman Mike Iupati (chest) and defensive tackle Robert Nkemdiche (foot) were both limited. Tight endJermaine Gresham (Achilles) and defensive end Markus Golden (knee) were both full participants.