When the Buffalo Bills take the field for practice Wednesday, some notable names won't be available.
Coach Sean McDermott announced a bevy of the team's stars will sit out the day's workout. Defensive lineman Marcell Dareus (ankle) and offensive lineman Cordy Glenn (ankle) are the two most worrisome for Buffalo. The two were injured in the team's loss to the Carolina Panthers this past Sunday, and McDermott said there's concern that Dareus won't be able to play this weekend against the Denver Broncos.
McDermott also announced defensive linemen Shaq Lawson, who's battling a nerve contusion, and Jerel Worthy, who's still in concussion protocol, will sit. Veteran running back LeSean McCoy and veteran pass rusher Lorenzo Alexander will get rest days, McDermott said.
Here are other injury notes we're tracking Wednesday:
- Colts quarterback Andrew Luck has already been ruled out for Indianapolis' game against the Cleveland Browns this week, and after coach Chuck Pagano told reporters the star quarterback will not practice at all this week, it looks like he'll miss next week's game against the Seattle Seahawks as well.
- Encouraging development for New England Patriots fans: Linebacker Dont'a Hightower (knee) and receiver Danny Amendola (concussion/knee) were limited. Matthew Slater (hamstring) also practiced. Tight end Rob Gronkowski (groin) and running back Rex Burkhead (ribs) didn't practice.
- New York Giants cornerback Janoris Jenkins (ankle), linebacker B.J. Goodson (shin) and offensive tackle Bobby Hart (ankle) did not practice. Wide receiver Odell Beckham (ankle) and tight end Evan Engram (concussion) were limited.
- The Jacksonville Jaguars announced center Brandon Linder (knee) and linebacker Lerentee McCray (knee) are not expected to practice Wednesday.
- Houston Texans running back Alfred Blue (ankle) was limited in his return to practice. Coach Bill O'Brien said wide receiver Will Fuller (collarbone) isn't ready to play but wide receiver Bruce Ellington (concussion) should be set to go this week. Fuller was limited in practice and Ellington was full-go. J.J. Watt (finger) also was limited.
After cornerbacks Kevin Johnson (knee) and Jonathan Joseph (shoulder) suffered injuries last week, the Texans announced they signed cornerback Johnthan Banks.
Cornerback Josh Norman (AC separation) and safety Montae Nicholson (AC separation) worked in position drills Wednesday, per Mike Jones of the Washington Post. Running back Rob Kelley (ribs) was in pads on Wednesday, but tight end Jordan Reed (chest/sternum) was not on the field, with coach Jay Gruden calling both day to day.
- Cleveland Browns rookie defensive end Myles Garrett (ankle) was out of his walking boot, Cleveland.com's Mary Kay Cabot reported. Coach Hue Jackson said the draft's No. 1 overall pick "is getting there. Huge progress has been made." Linebacker Jamie Collins (concussion) was not on the practice field, per Scott Petrak of the Chronicle-Telegram.
"I'm getting there," Flacco said. "I don't know how to answer that question perfectly. Come Sunday, I don't have any limitations, I feel really good but I'm not willing to say I'm 100 percent, especially throughout the week and coming off the game and all those things. Hopefully here in a few weeks I'll feel consistently good.
"To be honest with you, I think I've been pretty fortunate the first two weeks to get through this thing pretty, you know, relatively easy in terms of being hit. I haven't really been hit too hard yet or had to deal with anything too crazy. I don't tend to think I think about it too much, because as a quarterback, a lot of times you're getting hit when you're releasing the ball. It's not like you're staring the hit right in the face where you're trying to run a guy over, so you don't really know when you're gonna get hit. But it definitely is nice to bounce up off that turf without any bad feelings. I wouldn't say it was in the forefront of my mind, though."
Ravens receiver Michael Campanaro (ankle), cornerback Jaylen Hill (thigh), running back Terrance West (calf), defensive tackle Brandon Williams (foot) and tight end Maxx Williams (ankle) did not practice Wednesday. DB/LB Anthony Levine Jr. (chest) was a limited participant while LB Za'Darius Smith (knee, ankle) was a full participant.
- Atlanta Falcons coach Dan Quinn announced offensive lineman Ryan Schraeder (concussion protocol) will not practice Wednesday.
- New York Jets defensive end Mo Wilkerson (shoulder) didn't practice, coach Todd Bowles said. Wide receiver Robby Anderson (knee) also sat out.
- Pittsburgh Steelers offensive lineman Marcus Gilbert (hamstring), receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey (illness), tight end Jesse James (ankle) and center Maurkice Pouncey (illness) did not practice Wednesday. Defensive end Stephon Tuitt (biceps) and linebacker T.J. Watt (groin) were limited participants. SafetyJ.J. Wilcox (concussion) was a full participant.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers linebacker Kwon Alexander (hamstring), defensive tackles Chris Baker (illness) and Gerald McCoy (ankle) and defensive end Jacquies Smith (illness) did not practice. Cornerback Brent Grimes (shoulder) was limited.