NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported that the decision to hold out Green was made by coach Marvin Lewis, the team medical staff and team ownership on Friday after they discussed the wide receiver's ongoing recovery from a hamstring tear in his right leg, a source aware of the situation told NFL Network's Stacey Dales.
In addition to his hamstring injury, Green is still recovering from a partially torn tendon in his leg. The team ultimately felt tha Green could risk further injury by playing in the game, Dales added. The Bengals were eliminated from playoff contention last week.
Cincinnati hasn't determined whether they will play Green in next week's season finale, Dales added.
In addition to Green, tight end Tyler Eifert (back) did not play.
Other injury news we are keeping an eye on Saturday:
Running back Spencer Ware has sore ribs and will have an MRI, coach Andy Reid said after the game.
2. Broncos linebacker Brandon Marshall (hamstring) and safety T.J. Ward (concussion) are inactive.
Defensive end Derek Wolfe was ruled out with a neck injury. Cornerback Kayvon Webster is out with a concussion.
3. Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota was carted off the field with and was ruled out. Mariota's injury is a fractured fibula and he will miss the rest of the season, coach Mike Mularkey said after the game. Matt Cassel took over in his absence.
Marcus Mariota will undergo surgery for his fractured right fibula over the next few days.â Tennessee Titans (@Titans) December 25, 2016
4. Jets quarterback Bryce Petty suffered a left shoulder injury during the second quarter against the Patriots and was ruled out at halftime. He will have an MRI on Monday, the quarterback said. Ryan Fitzpatrick took over at quarterback for the Jets. Wideout Brandon Marshall left with a hip injury and didn't return.
Tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins was ruled out with a hamstring injury. Defensive lineman Leonard Williams left with a chest injury and didn't return. Running back Khiry Robinson left with a leg injury and didn't return.
7. Redskins receiver DeSean Jackson left the game and didn't return. He suffered a jaw contusion, coach Jay Gruden said after the game. Running back Robert Kelley didn't return after suffering a knee injury.
10. Bears linebacker Leonard Floyd was ruled out with a concussion. Safety Deon Bush left and didn't return with an ankle injury. Linebacker Pernell McPhee (shoulder) left and didn't return, as did cornerback Tracy Porter with a shoulder injury.
12. Dolphins safety Isa Abdul-Quddus left with a neck injury and didn't return.
13. Browns quarterback Robert Griffin III went to the locker room after taking a hit and was later ruled out with a concussion. Cornerback Joe Haden was ruled out with a neck injury.
14. Chargers linebacker Denzel Perryman didn't return with a knee injury.
15. Cardinals safety Tony Jefferson suffered a sprained MCL.
16. Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers suffered a neck stinger, he said after the game.
17. Seahawks running back Thomas Rawls did not return due to a shoulder injury. Seahawks wide receiver Tyler Lockett was carted off the field after suffering a gruesome right leg injury. Lockett is out for the rest of the season and will need surgery, Pete Carroll told reporters after Saturday's loss.
19. Rams wide receiver Kenny Britt did not return due to a shoulder injury.
20. Niners running back Carlos Hyde did not not return after suffering a knee injury in the fourth quarter.