CFB 24/7  

 

Report: Brett Hundley declines Senior Bowl invitation

Print

UCLA quarterback Brett Hundley has declined an invitation to play in the Reese's Senior Bowl, eliminating one of college football's top passers from the games' final remaining slot available at the position.


» Players who have accepted invitations to 2015 Reese's Senior Bowl


College Football 24/7 Hot Topics:

The Senior Bowl typically carries six quarterbacks, three per team, and currently has accepted invitations from: East Carolina's Shane Carden, Colorado State's Garrett Grayson, Baylor's Bryce Petty and Alabama's Blake Sims, according to the event's official website. Oregon State QB Sean Mannion has also accepted a Senior Bowl invitation, according a Wednesday report. Hundley's decision was reported by cbssports.com.

Senior Bowl executive director Phil Savage told CFB 24/7: Path to the Draft in November that both Hundley and Oregon star quarterback Marcus Mariota had been extended invitations. Mariota, though a junior in terms of NCAA eligibility, is eligible for the Senior Bowl because he has graduated. Although Mariota reportedly has yet to decline his invitation, higher-profile players such as Mariota often pass on the Senior Bowl in favor of letting their performance at the NFL Scouting Combine stand as their primary display for scouts.

Savage said earlier this week that Auburn quarterback Nick Marshall is a possibility for the game, as well, at either quarterback or defensive back.

The Senior Bowl will be played Saturday, Jan. 24. Practices for the game, which draw coaches and scouts from all 32 NFL clubs, begins Tuesday in Mobile, Ala.

Follow Chase Goodbread on Twitter @ChaseGoodbread.

Print

Headlines

The previous element was an advertisement.

NFL Shop