Cards general manager Steve Keim told 98.7 Arizona Sports radio on Friday that Johnson will likely be a game-day decision, per Darren Urban of the team's official website.
Johnson sat out practice on Wednesday through Friday due to an ankle injury.
Per NFL Network's Steve Wyche, he did not participate in the portion of practice open to the media on Friday. He was on the field but unlike his teammates, he did not have on a practice jersey or helmet.
Last week, the running back's status was in question. He ultimately dressed and started in the win over the New York Giants, but played just three snaps and rushed just once for two yards.
Other injuries we are monitoring Friday:
- The Jacksonville Jaguars placed defensive tackle Marcell Dareus on injured reserve. The DT underwent surgery Thursday to repair a core muscle injury, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport previously reported. The Jags signed veteran defensive tackle Akeem Spence to take Dareus' roster spot.
Wide receiver Dede Westbrook (neck/shoulder) is questionable for Sunday against the Jets, while the Jags will be without linebackers Najee Goode, Leon Jacobs and Quincy Williams, who are all out with hamstring injuries.
- The Atlanta Falcons got a welcomed sign as quarterback Matt Ryan was at practice on Friday. Ryan sustained an ankle injury in Sunday's loss to the Rams. Falcons defensive tackle Grady Jarrett (abdomen) was also out at practice with a helmet on for the first time this week. Atlanta coach Dan Quinn said a decision on Ryan playing will not come until Saturday.
The Falcons have ruled out cornerbackDesmond Trufant (toe), guard James Carpenter (knee) and running back Ito Smith (concussion).
- The New York Giants will be without receiver Sterling Shepard (concussion) once again, as he's been out since Week 5 and has been designated as out for Sunday against the Lions, as well. Cornerback Corey Ballentine (concussion) is also out. Running Saquon Barkley (ankle), linebacker Lorenzo Carter (ankle) and receiver Cody Latimer (quad) were full practice participants on Friday. Giants coach Pat Shurmur told the media that linebacker Deone Bucannon, signed on Tuesday, will be active on Sunday.
- The Buffalo Bills are likely to make a game-time decision on linebacker Matt Milano (hamstring), coach Sean McDermott told the media on Friday. Milano is listed as questionable, as are safety Kurt Coleman (hamstring), cornerbackKevin Johnson (neck), linebacker Corey Thompson (ankle) and wide receiverDuke Williams (shoulder).
- The Los Angeles Rams will be without running back Malcolm Brown (ankle) once again on Sunday as he will be out along with linebackers Bryce Hager (shoulder) and Clay Matthews (jaw). Cornerback Troy Hill (hamstring) is questionable.
- For the Cincinnati Bengals, receiver A.J. Green (ankle) and offensive tackle Cordy Glenn (concussion) are each officially out for Sunday's game in England against the Rams, as are cornerback Darqueze Dennard (hamstring), defensive endCarl Lawson (hamstring) and cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick (knee). Offensive tackle Andre Smith (ankle) and guardJohn Miller (groin) are questionable.
- Patrick Mahomes (knee) is out for the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday against the Packers, coach Andy Reid announced Friday. Mahomes is one of a slew of starters out for K.C., which includes offensive tackle Eric Fisher (groin), guard Andrew Wylie (ankle), defensive end Frank Clark (neck) and defensive tackle Chris Jones (groin). However, wide receiver Sammy Watkins (hamstring) will play against the Packers on Sunday night.
- Cleveland Browns cornerbacks Greedy Williams and Denzel Ward, who had both missed substantial time with hamstring injuries, are off the injury report and slated to play Sunday against the Patriots. Defensive end Myles Garrett had a knee issue flare up earlier in the week, but was a full participant on Friday.
- Carolina Panthers offensive linebacker Greg Little (concussion), pass rusher Christian Miller (ankle) and quarterback Cam Newton (foot) are all out for Sunday against the 49ers, but Newton is set to make the trip. Rookie edge rusher Brian Burns who had missed practice with a wrist injury is set to play on Sunday.
- Miami Dolphins quarterback Josh Rosen (neck) was a full participant in Friday's practice after he was limited the day prior. Cornerback Xavien Howard (knee) was limited.
- Linebacker Mark Barron (hamstring) took a step back on Friday as he was a limited participant a day after he practiced fully for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Quarterback Mason Rudolph (concussion), wide receiverJuJu Smith-Schuster (illness), linebacker T.J. Watt (abdomen) and tight end Vance McDonald (shoulder) were full participants.
Brees and Kamara were each listed as questionable in the injury report. Tight end Jared Cook (ankle) has been ruled out yet again, though, as has wide receiver Tre'Quan Smith (ankle).
Gruden told reporters: "I don't know. He's a young player, obviously. He's got a shoulder (injury). We're listing him as questionable. We expected him to play, but we'll have to see how it goes."
Tackle Trent Brown (calf) and receiver Tyrell Williams (foot) are also listed as questionable for Week 8.
- Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver DeSean Jackson (abdomen), linebacker Nigel Bradham (ankle/illness), defensive tackle Tim Jernigan (foot), tackle Jason Peters (knee), running back Darren Sproles (quadricep) and cornerback Avonte Maddox (concussion/neck) have all been ruled out.
The Eagles also announced defensive tackle Bruce Hector has been promoted from the practice roster to the active roster.
- Denver Broncos coach Vic Fangio told the media on Friday that tight end Noah Fant should be fine and is expected to play Sunday after the tight end cut his foot while removing ankle tape.
- Los Angeles Chargers wide receiver Keenan Allen (hamstring) did not practice on Friday and is questionable for Sunday. Also questionable are defensive end Melvin Ingram (hamstring), running back Justin Jackson (calf) and kicker Michael Badgley (groin).
- San Francisco 49ers receiver Marquise Goodwin (not injury related), running back Raheem Mostert (knee) and tight end Levine Toilolo (groin) are questionable for Sunday's game against the Panthers. Offensive tackle Joe Staley (fibula) is doubtful, while fullback Kyle Juszczyk (knee), offensive tackle Mike McGlinchey and cornerback Ahkello Witherspoon (foot) are out.