"Sammy feels fantastic but we're gonna be smart with this and we'll do what's best for him, obviously," Ryan said during his news conference.
"Until all our medical people are on board with him coming back out there on the field, then we're not gonna practice him. But when that time occurs and hopefully that will occur soon, then he'll be back out there."
In other Bills injury news, the team placed center Eric Wood on injured reserve. Wood broke his leg in Week 9.
Here are some other injuries we are tracking on Monday:
- Bears offensive lineman Kyle Long is out for the season with an ankle injury, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per a source informed of the situation. Running back Jordan Howard suffered a possible ankle or Achilles injury Sunday against the Buccaneers, the team announced. The fifth-round rookie has emerged as one of the lone bright spots for Chicago this season.
- Vikings offensive tackle Jake Long suffered an Achilles injury that is believed to be season ending, coach Mike Zimmer said.
- Cardinals receiver Larry Fitzgerald is sore but hopefully will practice this week and should be ready for Sunday, coach Bruce Arians said.
Pass-rusher Michael Bennett (knee) is still a few weeks away, according to Carroll.
- Cowboys tight end Geoff Swaim is believed to have suffered a serious pectoral injury, Rapoport reported, per a source. He is undergoing tests.
- Chargers defensive lineman Brandon Mebane tore his biceps and is out for the season, coach Mike McCoy confirmed.
- Browns quarterback Robert Griffin III is on pace to return to the team this season, executive Sashi Brown said, per The Plain Dealer.