The Baltimore Ravens placed cornerback Jimmy Smith on injured reserve and promoted wide receiver Keenan Reynolds to the 53-man roster. Linebacker Zach Orr (back) was ruled out as well.
Smith suffered a high ankle sprain in a Week 14 loss at New England.
Taken in the sixth round of the 2016 NFL draft, Reynolds finished his college career with an NCAA Division I record 88 career touchdowns in Navy's triple-option offense.
Other injuries we are tracking on Friday:
- The Bills ruled offensive lineman Cordy Glenn (back) and cornerback Stephon Gilmore (concussion) out for the Jets game. Linebacker Zach Brown (illness), receiver Sammy Watkins (foot) and tight end Charles Clay (knee) are all questionable.
- Panthers quarterback Cam Newton is listed as questionable but expected to play Sunday at Tampa Bay. Head coach Ron Rivera said Joe Webb will be the backup with Derek Anderson out due to illness. Running back Jonathan Stewart and tight end Greg Olsen both practiced on Friday but are listed as questionable.
- Titans cornerback Jason McCourty (chest) was limited at practice and will be a game-time decision, according to head coach Mike Mularkey.
- Washington Redskins tight end Jordan Reed (shoulder) is officially questionable to play Sunday against the Giants, but NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Thursday that he is expected to play. Redskins coach Jay Gruden said Reed looked good in practice Friday. "(He) looks like a ballerina out there."
- Broncos linebacker DeMarcus Ware underwent surgery for a ruptured disc in his back Friday, the team announced. In addition, Denver listed Brandon Marshall (hamstring) questionable and ruled out defensive end Derek Wolfe (neck), safety T.J. Ward (concussion) and tight end A.J. Derby (concussion) for Sunday.
- Andy Reid announced Chiefs pass rusher Justin Houston will not play against the Chargers on Sunday. Running back Spencer Ware (ribs) is questionable.
- Chargers running back Melvin Gordon (hip, knee) did not practice Friday and was ruled out for Sunday.
- The Texans ruled both defensive end Jadeveon Clowney (elbow/wrist) and running back Lamar Miller (ankle) out for Sunday. Cornerback Jonathan Joseph (ribs/shoulder/illness) is listed as questionable.
- The Lions listed Travis Swanson (concussion) as doubtful. Linebacker DeAndre Levy (knee) and Darius Slay (hamstring) are questionable. On Saturday, the Lions placed tailback Theo Riddick (wrist) on IR and added offensive lineman Riley Reiff (hip) to the injury report with a questionable designation.
- The Packers have Randall Cobb (ankle), linebacker Joe Thomas (back) and cornerback Damarious Randall (shoulder) all listed as questionable against the Lions. Rapoport reported Sunday that Cobb may dress for Sunday night's game, but the team isn't counting on him to play and may need another week for his ankle to heal.
- Tom Brady (thigh) is listed as questionable, but is expected to play for the Patriots against the Dolphins on Sunday. Wideout Danny Amendola (ankle) is out. Tight end Martellus Bennett (ankle/shoulder) and linebacker Dont'a Hightower (knee) are questionable, while wideout Malcolm Mitchell (knee) is doubtful.
- The Bengals already ruled wide receiver A.J. Green out with a hamstring, but the team officially ended his season on Saturday. Cincinnati placed the wideout on injured reserve and promoted guard Trey Hopkins from the practice squad. Green finished 2016 with career lows in games (10), yards (964) and touchdowns (4).