New York Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham's ankle injury could keep him on the sidelines for the team's season opener.
The wide receiver missed practice on Wednesday and Thursday. Beckham is still dealing with an ankle injury he suffered during New York's Week 2 preseason contest against the Cleveland Browns.
NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported on Up To The Minute Live on Thursday there's a chance Beckham will play Sunday, but it won't be at 100 percent. NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported on the same show Beckham has tried experimental laser treatments to speed up healing, but the team is preparing as if Beckham is not ready. If he's available, the team will consider it a bonus, Garafolo added.
Here are the other injuries we're tracking on the first Friday of the season:
- Scary news out of New Orleans. Newly acquired long snapper Jon Dorenbos is scheduled to undergo surgery after a team doctor found he had an aortic aneurysm during a physical, coach Sean Payton said. The team is planning to place him on the non-football injury list. Dorenbos was entering his 15th season and has played in 201 career games.
Defensive end Trey Hendrickson (illness), tackle Terron Armstead (shoulder), and linebacker Nate Stupar (hamstring) are listed as out vs. the Vikings. Linebacker Stephone Anthony (ankle) is questionable.
- Bengals rookie receiver John Ross (knee) is listed as questionable for Sunday's opener versus the Ravens, with coach Marvin Lewis telling reporters Friday that Ross "could" play. Rapoport reported earlier this week that Ross, who sprained his knee in the Bengals' preseason finale, is expected to miss the first two games of the season.
- Titans left tackle Taylor Lewan was a full participant in practice, just two days after spraining his ankle. Cornerback LeShaun Sims missed practice for the third straight day, and has been ruled out for Sunday's game with the Raiders. Oakland cornerback Gareon Conley (shin) and kicker Sebastian Janikowski (back) are listed as questionable.
- Cardinals linebacker Deone Bucannon (ankle) has been ruled out for Sunday's opener versus the Lions. Guard Mike Iupati (tricep) and defensive lineman Robert Nkemediche (calf) are questionable. Lions defensive end Ezekial Ansah (knee), wide receiver Kenny Gollady (ankle) and offensive tackle Corey Robinson (foot) are all questionable.
- Niners linebacker Aaron Lynch (back) is listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Panthers. Safety Jimmie Ward (hamstring) is doubtful.
- Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman (thigh), running back Thomas Rawls (ankle), wide receiver Tyler Lockett (knee), defensive tackle Jarran Reed (shoulder) and defensive end Frank Clark (wrist) are listed as questionable for Sunday's tilt with the Packers. Sherman is expected to play. Pete Carroll told reporters Friday that Rawls is a game-time decision. Linebacker Michael Wilhoite (calf) is doubtful. Offensive tackle Bryan Bulaga (ankle) is listed as questionable for the Packers.
- Chargers receiver Mike Williams (back) did not practice Thursday and Friday. Defensive end Jerry Attaochu (hamstring), receiver Dontrelle Inman(groin) and tight end Sean McGrath(knee) were all limited in practice. Safety Tre Boston (calf) practiced in full.