Mariota was limited at practice on Wednesday after suffering a hamstring injury in Sunday's 57-14 loss to the Texans.
Coach Mike Mularkey told reporters that he's still holding out hope for Sunday but the team won't risk further injury.
Here are other injury notes we're tracking Wednesday:
Offensive lineman Rees Odhiambo (chest) will practice Wednesday and could be ready to go for the Rams game. Defensive back Jeremy Lane (groin) won't practice mid-week, Carroll said.
- The New York Giants are banged up. Three key defensive starters -- defensive ends Olivier Vernon (ankle) and Jason Pierre-Paul (knee/shoulder) and cornerback Janoris Jenkins (ankle) -- and center Weston Richburg (concussion) did not practice. Four offensive weapons -- Odell Beckham (finger/ankle), Brandon Marshall (toe), Paul Perkins (ribs) and Orleans Darkwa (back) -- were limited.
- The New England Patriots will be without cornerback Eric Rowe (groin) and running back Rex Burkhead (ribs) on Thursday night against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Seven key players are also questionable, including tight end Rob Gronkowski, who was added to the injury report on Wednesday with a thigh injury.
Linebackers Dont'a Hightower (knee) and Elandon Roberts (ankle), cornerbackStephon Gilmore (ankle), special teamer Matthew Slater (hamstring), starting right tackle Marcus Cannon (ankle) and defensive back Brandon King (hamstring) are also questionable.
Cleveland also waived receiver Jordan Leslie because of what is believed to be a torn hamstring, a source told Rapoport. The team added receiver Bryce Treggs to fill Leslie's roster spot.
- Philadelphia Eagles safeties Corey Graham (hamstring) and Jaylen Watkins (hamstring) practiced Wednesday. Defensive lineman Fletcher Cox (calf) didn't practice. Running back Wendell Smallwood (knee) also didn't practice. Defensive lineman Tim Jernigan (heel) did not practice, but is not expected to miss Sunday's game against the Cardinals, coach Doug Pederson said.
- The Jacksonville Jaguars announced receiver Marqise Lee (ribs), safety Jarrod Wilson (shoulder) and center Brandon Linder (illness) will not practice Wednesday.
- The New York Jets placed rookie outside linebacker Dylan Donahue (elbow) on injured reserve. Coach Todd Bowles said Donahue will undergo season-ending surgery to fix torn ligaments.
- Andrew Luck (shoulder) was limited in his return to Indianapolis Colts practice Wednesday. Coach Chuck Pagano said Luck is scheduled to rest Thursday and practice again Friday. Pagano added there's no timeline for Luck's return to playing and ruled him out for Sunday's game against the San Francisco 49ers. Pagano said Ryan Kelly will make his season debut Sunday after a foot injury sidelined him for the first four weeks.
- Green Bay Packers coach Mike McCarthy said receiver Davante Adams is still in the concussion protocol. The wideout is expected to go through some work Wednesday and see how he feels after.
- Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton (shoulder) threw during practice Thursday, the team announced. Receiver Curtis Samuel (back) was a limited participant and defensive back Daryl Worley (shoulder) was a full participant. Pass rusher Julius Peppers (rest), receiver Kelvin Benjamin (knee), safety Demetrious Cox (ankle), safety Kurt Coleman (knee), center Ryan Kalil (neck) and pass rusher Mario Addison (knee) did not practice.
- Los Angeles Chargers rookie wideout Mike Williams (back), who was limited in practice all last week, will have a similar week of practice this week, coach Anthony Lynn said.
- Cardinals offensive tackle D.J. Humphries (knee) and defensive end Robert Nkemdiche (calf) did not participate in practice. Guard Alex Boone (chest), wide receivers John Brown (quad) and J.J. Nelson (hammy/tooth), linebackers Josh Bynes (groin) and Karlos Dansby (knee), and defensive end Josh Mauro (calf) were all limited.
- The Jets quarterback Josh McCown (right shoulder) was a full participate in practice. Defensive end Kony Ealy (shoulder), running back Matt Forte (knee/toe), linebacker Josh Martin (ankle) and cornerback Darryl Roberts (hamstring) did not participate.
Defensive end Muhammad Wilkerson (shoulder) and guard Brian Winters (abdomen) were both limited.