The Los Angeles Chargers' runaway Turkey Day victory in Big D was not without a key loss, as rookie wideout Mike Williams was carted off with a knee injury. One day later, there is "real concern" in Southern California.
The Chargers ruled out an ACL injury for Williams, but the team expects him to miss some more game time, per NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport, per a source.
Williams was coming off his most productive day of his young career, hauling in five catches for 38 yards. After missing Los Angeles' first five games with a back injury, he has played in six games this season, catching nine balls for 84 yards. Over the past six weeks, he had seen his snap count increase gradually (11, 14, 22, 27, 41) before logging just one snap against Dallas.
The absence of Williams would hurt but not devastate the Chargers as they march toward the postseason. Though his role in the offense is growing, so is Keenan Allen's, who is coming off a monster two-game stretch as Philip Rivers' top pass-catcher (23 catches, 341 yards, 3 TDs). Austin Ekeler has developed into a dual-threat receiving option out of the backfield. Tyrell Williams and Travis Benjamin are capable of big gains every game.
Here are the other injuries worth monitoring on Friday:
- New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, who was limited in practice this week due to an Achilles injury, told reporters Friday he feels 'great, ready to go' and that the injury is not cause for concern. Tight end Rob Gronkowski (illness) said he is also ready to play Sunday vs. Dolphins. Receiver Danny Amendola (knee) is listed as questionable. Tight end Martellus Bennett (shoulder/hamstring) is doubtful for the tilt. Lastly, offensive lineman Marcus Cannon (ankle) and wide receiver Chris Hogan (shoulder) will not play.
- The Buffalo Bills declared offensive tackleCordy Glenn(ankle, foot), running back Mike Tolbert (hamstring) and guard John Miller (ankle) out for Sunday against the Kansas City Chiefs. Meanwhile, wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin (knee) did not practice Friday and has been ruled out from playing. Tackle Charles Clay (knee) and recevier Jordan Matthews (knee) are also listed as questionable for Sunday.
- The Carolina Panthers activated tight end Greg Olsen (foot) Friday. Wide receiver Curtis Samuel (ankle) was placed on injured reserve. Cornerback Captain Munnerlyn (illness) will not play after being downgraded to out on Saturday. Center Ryan Kalil (neck) and center Tyler Larsen (foot) are questionable to play against the New York Jets.
- Chicago Bears defensive lineman Akiem Hicks (knee) was limited in practice Friday. Hicks as listed as questionable for the game against the Eagles. Linebacker Danny Trevathan is listed as doubtful to play because of a calf injury. Wide receiver Joshua Bellamy (concussion) did not practice and is also listed as doubtful. Quarterback Mark Sanchez (illness) and linebacker Pernell McPhee (knee) both did not practice and are questionable.
- Green Bay Packers safety Morgan Burnett (groin), cornerback Kevin King (shoulder), linebacker Clay Matthews (groin) are all questionable for Sunday against the Steelers. Defensive tackle Kenny Clark (ankle) and running back Ty Montgomery (ribs) are both doubtful. Running back Aaron Jones (knee) will not play and is listed as out.
- Seattle Seahawks cornerback Shaquill Griffin (concussion) and offensive lineman Oday Aboushi are both out for Sunday against the San Francisco 49ers. Running back Mike Davis (groin) is listed as doubtful. Tackle Duane Brown (ankle), tight end Jimmy Graham (ankle), linebacker Bobby Wagner (hamstring), linebacker Michael Wilhoit (calf), defensive tackle Jarran Reed (hamstring) and defensive tackle Dion Jordan (neck) are all listed as questionable.
- Houston Texans wide receiver Will Fuller (ribs) did not practice Friday and Saturday and was ruled out for Monday's game against the Ravens. Offensive tackle Julien Davenport (shoulder) also was ruled out. Running back Alfred Blue (hamstring), receiver DeAndre Hopkins (foot), pass rusher Jadeveon Clowney (ankle) and cornerback Kevin Johnson (concussion) were full participants in practice Saturday and will play Monday.