Harvin is definitely planning to play this season, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday, via a source close to the player. At least three teams have been in contact with the wide receiver's camp, Rapoport added.
"From what I'm hearing, he's leaning towards playing," Whaley said last week. "The thing about the health was, when you're playing at a certain level and you know your body -- and these guys are highly-trained athletes -- for him, he had to work so hard every week to get to that level, and he wasn't getting to that level, so it was frustrating for him."
Still just 27 years old, Harvin offers more upside than any skill-position player left on the open market. It's easy to forget that he outplayed Sammy Watkins in September, averaging 75 yards and seven touches in Buffalo's first three games before the hip problems resurfaced.
That said, there is a reason he remains available in late March. Harvin has drifted to four different teams in the last four years, wearing out his welcome in Minnesota and Seattle. He has averaged just seven regular-season games per year during that span, accounting for a paltry five total touchdowns.
Whether it's in Buffalo or another NFL city, Harvin will attempt to jumpstart his stalled career in 2016.