Ezekiel Elliott popped up on the Dallas Cowboys' injury report Wednesday, but the issue shouldn't hinder the running back.
The running back practiced fully on Wednesday and isn't expected to be hampered in the Week 5 showdown with the Green Bay Packers.
Garrett also confirmed defensive end Charles Tapper broke his foot during a pass rush drill at practice and will require surgery. Tapper is out 8-10 weeks. The team placed him on injured reserve later Thursday.
One positive note: Cowboys corner Nolan Carroll practiced yesterday for the first time since entering concussion protocol.
Other injuries we're tracking on Thursday:
- Baltimore Ravens defensive back Ladarius Webb returned to practice after dealing with a hamstring injury. Cornerback Jimmy Smith (Achilles), tight end Maxx Williams (calf), tight end Benjamin Watson (calf) and defensive tackle Brandon Williams (foot) all sat out on Thursday.
- Cleveland Browns rookie pass rusher Myles Garrett is expected to make his debut this week. "I'm sure we will have him on a pitch count," head coach Jackson said. "I think we have to be smart about our expectations of him." Jackson thinks defensive tackle Danny Shelton (calf) will play Sunday. Linebacker Jamie Collins remains in concussion protocol. "No question he's getting closer. He's definitely better," Jackson said.
Quarterback Cam Newton (shoulder) and wide receivers Kelvin Benjamin (knee) and Curtis Samuel were limited.
- New York Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul has a sprained shoulder that has been an issue for some time. However, Pierre-Paul said he plans to practice Friday and play on Sunday. Defensive end Olivier Vernon (ankle) and center Weston Richburg (concussion) also didn't practice. Odell Beckham (finger/ankle) was limited.
- Green Bay Packers coach Mike McCarthy says wide receiver Davante Adams is progressing very well and will do more on the practice field today. Adams is still in concussion protocol. McCarthy says running back Ty Montgomery(ribs) practiced well Wednesday and will practice Thursday. The team will keep evaluating him.
- Buffalo Bills linebacker Ramon Humber (thumb) and wide receiver Jordan Matthews (thumb) did not practice on Thursday. Defensive tackle Kyle Williams (thumb) was a full participant in practice. Defensive tackle Jerel Worthy (thumb) running back Mike Tolbert (thumb) were removed from the injury report.
- Los Angeles Chargers wide receiver Mike Williams (back) was limited again in practice. Running back Branden Oliver (hamstring) and linebacker Jatavis Brown (ankle) sat out practice.
- San Francisco 49ers linebacker Reuben Foster (ankle) and safety Eric Reid (knee) and linebacker Dekoda Watson (groin) did not practice. Running backCarlos Hyde (hip) was limited.