Roberts has signed a one-year, $1.8 million deal that includes $750,000 guaranteed with the Falcons, a source informed of the situation told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport on Tuesday. The team later confirmed the signing.
Roberts likely will have to battle for a roster spot on the back end of Atlanta's wide receiver corps.
Here are some other free agency moves we're monitoring Tuesday:
- Despite the best efforts of a winter storm battering the northeastern United States, free-agent linebacker Dont'a Hightower met with the Pittsburgh Steelers, Rapoport reported.
- Speaking on Good Morning Football, Rapoport said the Seattle Seahawks are interested in free-agent tight end Jared Cook.
- Rapoport also said on Good Morning Football that free-agent nose tackle Dontari Poe likely will sign a one-year "prove-it" deal with whichever team he joins.
- The Rams re-signed kicker Greg Zuerlein to a three-year deal, the team announced. NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported the deal averages $2.25 million per year.
- Former first-round pick Datone Jones has signed with the Vikings, per the team. It's a one-year deal for $3.75 million with the chance to earn up to $5 million, a source informed told NFL Network's Mike Garafolo. The pass rusher played his first four seasons with the Packers. Jones joins former UCLA college teammates Anthony Barr and Eric Kendricks on Minnesota's defense.