Former Detroit Lions wide receiver Andre Roberts is heading to Atlanta.
Roberts has signed a one-year, $1.8 million deal that includes $750,000 guaranteed with the Falcons, a source informed of the situation told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport on Tuesday. The team later confirmed the signing.
The Falcons mark Roberts' fourth NFL team in five seasons. He played his first four seasons with the Arizona Cardinals before playing two seasons with the Washington Redskins. The eighth-year veteran made 14 catches for 188 yards and a touchdown last season in Detroit.
Roberts likely will have to battle for a roster spot on the back end of Atlanta's wide receiver corps.
Here are some other free agency moves we're monitoring Tuesday:
2. The Los Angeles Rams signed Buffalo Bills guard Ryan Groy to a two-year offer sheet worth $5 million with $3.5 million guaranteed on March 21, a source informed of the situation told Rapoport. The Bills have the option of matching the offer to the restricted free agent.
- 2017 NFL DRAFT
▹ Best and most worrisome picks
▹ Five Teams that improved the most
▹ Day 2 winners and losers
▹ Most intriguing pick of Round 1
▹ Day 1 winners and losers
▹ QB frenzy shakes up Round 1
▹ Draft Do-overs:
▸ 2008 | 2011 | 2014 | 2015
- MARSHAWN LYNCH TRADE
▹ Lynch, Raiders poised for run
▹ Raiders boast NFL's best offense?
3. Despite the best efforts of a winter storm battering the northeastern United States, free-agent linebacker Dont'a Hightower met with the Pittsburgh Steelers, Rapoport reported.
4. Speaking on Good Morning Football, Rapoport said the Seattle Seahawks are interested in free-agent tight end Jared Cook.
5. The Cowboys reached an agreement with guard Jonathan Cooper on a one-year deal, ESPN reported.
6. The Patriots signed running back Rex Burkhead, the team announced.
7. Rapoport also said on Good Morning Football that free-agent nose tackle Dontari Poe likely will sign a one-year "prove-it" deal with whichever team he joins.
10. The Bears re-signed kicker Connor Barth to a one-year deal, the team announced.
11. The Rams re-signed kicker Greg Zuerlein to a three-year deal, the team announced. NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported the deal averages $2.25 million per year.
13. Former first-round pick Datone Jones has signed with the Vikings, per the team. It's a one-year deal for $3.75 million with the chance to earn up to $5 million, a source informed told NFL Network's Mike Garafolo. The pass rusher played his first four seasons with the Packers. Jones joins former UCLA college teammates Anthony Barr and Eric Kendricks on Minnesota's defense.
Datone Jones slimmed down last year to play LB for GB. Going back to DE for MIN will allow him to bulk up to a more normal weight for him.â Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) March 14, 2017
15. Andre Smith is heading back to Cincinnati. After one season in Minnesota, the tackle is re-joining the Bengals on a one-year deal, Garafolo reported.