Signs look promising for Bush to play this week, but the Lions probably will keep his status a mystery until game time. He's officially listed as questionable.
Here are the other injury report nuggets you need to know:
- Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant reportedly looked much better at practice Friday, according to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. It sounds like he will play through the back injury, and he has a chance to be effective. Bryant told NFL Media's Desmond Purnell on Friday that "it's nothing major...it's nothing that will affect me in the long run or throughout this season."
- Green Bay Packers running back Eddie Lacy (concussion) remained out of practice Friday, according to coach Mike McCarthy. Lacy was listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Cincinnati Bengals despite not practicing all week. James Starks will start at running back for the Packers. Safety Morgan Burnett (hamstring) has been ruled out.
- Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice (hip) missed his third day of practice Friday. Coach John Harbaugh said Rice will be a game-time decision for Sunday's game against the Houston Texans, but the team listed him as doubtful. He's a long shot. Ravens running back Bernard Pierce is expected to start at running back with Rice's hip flexor strain regarded as a two-week injury, a source told The Baltimore Sun. NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport adds that Rice is very, very unlikely to play.
- Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell, who hasn't played a regular season down due to a foot injury, has been a full participant in practice on back-to-back days. Bell's status for Sunday's game is questionable, according to Mark Kaboly of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. Bell's return would be a surprise, but a huge boost. Tight end Heath Miller (knee) was listed as probable.
- The Atlanta Falcons will be without offensive tackle Sam Baker on Sunday against the Miami Dolphins because of foot and knee injuries. Wide receivers Roddy White (ankle) and Julio Jones (knee) are both questionable. So is cornerback Asante Samuel (thigh). The Falcons are without at least four starters from last week's game, including running back Steven Jackson, who was declared out with a thigh injury.
- Denver Broncos pass rusher Shaun Phillips sat out of Saturday's practice with back spasms. He officially is listed as questionable for Monday night's game against the Oakland Raiders. Phillips brushed off questions about his health, telling reporters his absence from practice was just "precautionary." Phillips expects to play Monday. Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey (foot) also is questionable.