Coach Ron Rivera said the team held the tight end out of practice again on Thursday out of precaution.
"We wanted to back off and go from there," he said.
Rivera added that he'd be comfortable playing Olsen on Sunday even if the tight end misses practice all week.
Olsen exited Sunday's win over the New York Jets after feeling soreness in his surgically repaired foot. It was his first game back since breaking the foot in Week 2. Follow up tests on injury came back negative this week.
In other Panthers injury news, running back Christian McCaffrey returned to practice on a limited basis after missing Wednesday's session with a shoulder issue.
Quarterback Cam Newton (right thumb/shoulder), linebacker Thomas Davis (hamstring), center Ryan Kalil (neck) and linebacker Shaq Thompson (foot) were also limited Thursday.
Here are other injuries we're tracking this Thursday:
- Tom Brady was limited in practice Thursday after he sat out Wednesday due to an Achilles tendon issue. Wide receiver Chris Hogan (shoulder) and offensive lineman Marcus Cannon (ankle) sat out.
- Washington Redskins offensive tackle Morgan Moses was carted off with a sprained ankle during the second quarter of the team's 38-14 loss to the Dallas Cowboys and didn't return. Running back Samaje Perine was evaluated for a concussion before being cleared to return. Wideout Maurice Harris suffered a concussion and linebacker Josh Harvey-Clemmonsinjured his ankle.
- Pittsburgh Steelers cornerbackJoe Haden (leg), safety Mike Mitchell (ankle), linebackers Ryan Shazier (ankle) and James Harrison (knee) and tight end Vance McDonald (ankle) didn't practice. Rookie wide receiverJuJu Smith-Schuster (hamstring) was a full participant.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston (shoulder) was a full participant in practice for the second straight day. He's slated to start Sunday against the Green Bay Packers. Tight end Cameron Brate was limited because of a hip injury and offensive lineman Evan Smith was a full participant after clearing concussion protocol, a source informed of the situation told Rapoport.
- New Orleans Saints cornerback Marshon Lattimore (ankle), tight end Coby Fleener (concussion) and offensive tackle Terron Armstead (thigh/shoulder) did not practice. Guard Larry Warford (shoulder) was limited.
- Green Bay Packers cornerback Damarious Randall (knee) was limited in practice, as was linebacker Ahmad Brooks (back), defensive tackle Kenny Clark (ankle) and running back Aaron Jones (knee) and linebacker Clay Matthews (groin). Cornerback Kevin King (shoulder) did not practice.
- Houston Texans linebacker Jadeveon Clowney (shoulder/ankle) and wide receiver Will Fuller (ribs) sat out practice. Running back Lamar Miller (knee) and cornerbackKareem Jackson (shoulder) were limited.
- Minnesota Vikings linebackerEric Kendricks (hip) was limited in practice and offensive tackle Mike Remmers (back) didn't participate.
- Atlanta Falcons running back Devonta Freeman fully participated in practice for the second straight day after clearing concussion protocol Wednesday. Kicker Matt Bryant (back) cornerback Brian Poole (back) and Desmond Trufant (concussion) didn't take part. Wide receiver Julio Jones (ankle) was limited.
- Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Albert Wilson (hamstring) and linebacker Tamba Hali (knee) were each limited in practice. Linebacker Dee Ford (back) didn't practice.
- Seattle Seahawks tight end Jimmy Graham (ankle), defensive end Dion Jordan (neck), linebacker Bobby Wagner (hamstring) and safetyEarl Thomas (heel) didn't practice. Cornerback Shaquill Griffin (concussion) and tight endLuke Willson (concussion) practiced fully.