Desperately searching for a spark, the down-and-out Cincinnati Bengals didn't find one during Thursday's practice.
The team went through their daily workout without the services of Tyler Eifert, who did not participate.
It's another negative drumbeat for the Bengals, a team that's produced a pair of troubling showings on offense. Eifert has barely made a dent this season, catching just four passes for 46 yards for a club struggling for its first win.
Other injuries we're tracking on this Thursday in Week 3 of the season:
- NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported that Packers linebackerNick Perry is scheduled to undergo surgery on his hand -- "a finger, more specifically" -- and is "almost certainly out this week." Rapoport was told Perry will return soon.
Wide receiver Randall Cobb (chest), offensive tackle David Bakhtiari (hamstring), safety Kentrell Brice (groin), linebacker Jake Ryan (concussion), defensive tackle Mike Daniels (hamstring) and cornerback Davon House (quad) didn't practice. Right tackle Bryan Bulaga practiced for the second straight day.
The Packers have placed tackle Jason Spriggs on injured reserve and signed defensive tackle Ricky Jean Francois.
- Los Angeles Rams wide receiver Sammy Watkinsleft for the locker room in the fourth quarter to undergo evaluation for a concussion. Wide receiver Tavon Austin also left the game in the fourth quarter to be evaluated for a concussion. Defensive back Lamarcus Joyner suffered a hamstring injury in the first half of Thursday's game against the San Francisco 49ers and didn't return. Center John Sullivaninjured his groin.
- Rob Gronkowski (groin) was limited during practice. Gronk officially was a DNP on Wednesday.
- Vikings quarterback Sam Bradford (knee) and linebacker Anthony Barr (hamstring) were both limited at practice.
- Carolina Panthers center Ryan Kalil, who missed Sunday's win over the Bills after waking up with a neck issue, was held out of practice again, and coach Ron Rivera told reporters "there is concern" about his status for Week 3 vs. the Saints. Carolina's offensive line struggled in Kalil's absence against Buffalo's pass rush.
- Kansas City Chiefs defensive stalwart Justin Houston missed practice Thursday due to the flu. Linebacker Reggie Ragland (knee) was a full participant after being limited Wednesday.
- For the second straight day, New York Giants cornerback Janoris Jenkins (ankle/hand), linebacker B.J. Goodson (shin) and offensive tackle Bobby Hart (ankle) missed practice. Wide receiver Odell Beckham (ankle) and tight end Evan Engram (concussion) were limited again.
- Chicago Bears running back Jordan Howard (shoulder) was limited again at practice, NFL Network's Stacey Dales reported.
- Buffalo Bills defensive tackle Marcell Dareus (ankle) sat out practice for the second straight day. Offensive lineman Cordy Glenn (ankle) returned but was limited. Defensive lineman Shaq Lawson (foot) also returned but is expected to sit versus the Broncos. Wide receiver Kaelin Clay (foot) and tight end Nick O'Leary (hamstring) were limited.
- Cardinals wideout J.J. Nelson (hamstring) was an addition to the Arizona practice report as a limited participant Thursday. John Brown (quad) and offensive tackle D.J. Humphries (knee) were DNPs, while money linebacker Deone Bucannon ankle, linebacker Karlos Dansby (hip), tight end Jermaine Gresham (ribs) and guard Mike Iupati (tricep) were limited.
- Cowboys cornerback Orlando Scandrick (hand) returned to practice on a limited basis, while rookie Chidobe Awuzie (hamstring) and Nolan Carroll (concussion) did not practice.
- Los Angeles Chargers running back Melvin Gordon was limited in practice Thursday with a knee injury. Rookie wideout Mike Williams (back) was also limited for the second consecutive day.