NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday that tests turned out OK for the quarterback on his chest after sustaining a hard hit on Saturday night against the Dolphins.
Petty went down on the first play of the fourth quarter, forcing veteran Ryan Fitzpatrick into relief for the second time after being benched. Petty committed three turnovers on just 20-of-36 passing prior to leaving the game. Petty's reward for returning to the lineup? A matchup with the New England Patriots on Christmas Eve.
Here are some other injuries we are tracking on Monday:
- Luke Kuechly did not play Monday against the Redskins. The All-Pro linebacker cleared concussion protocol Saturday but was questionable for the game. Asked if Kuechly was done for the season, coach Ron Rivera told reporters: "We'll see. We'll see. Again, there's still a minuscule opportunity (to make the playoffs), and we will continue to battle and fight. The best thing is he's with us and that's probably the most important thing."
- Browns wide receiver Terrelle Pryor tore a ligament in his finger Sunday, Rapoport reported. Pryor will try to play through it and have a procedure after the season.
- Giants cornerback Janoris Jenkins continues to deal with a back bruise that led to his first-quarter exit in the Giants' win Sunday. Tests showed that Jenkins didn't sustain any injuries to his internal organs and he should be OK, Rapoport reported. Jenkins and Jason Pierre-Paul (core muscle) sat out practice. Coach Ben McAdoo said running back Shane Vereen re-injured his triceps. Based on McAdoo's tone, it sounds like that'll be the end of Vereen's season, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported.
- The Falcons will begin to evaluate Julio Jones' status on Tuesday. Jones has missed the last two games with a toe sprain. Linebacker De'Vondre Campbell is in the concussion protocol.
- Eagles running back Darren Sproles will play Thursday after clearing concussion protocol, coach Doug Pederson said. Fellow running back Kenjon Barner was ruled out with a hamstring injury.
- Bears coach John Fox told reporters Monday that wideout Eddie Royal (toe) will be placed on injured reserve.
- Redskins cornerback Quinton Dunbar was ruled out after suffering a concussion. In addition, teammate Greg Toler went to the locker room to be evaluated for a concussion and did not return. Linebacker Ryan Kerrigan did not return after suffering an elbow injury.