Coach Pat Shurmur announced Wednesday that Engram is out of concussion protocol, and he will take off the red non-contact jersey.
The tight end participated on a limited basis on Monday. Wednesday's news means he should be full-go the rest of the week.
Here are other injuries we're tracking Wednesday:
- Indianapolis Colts left tackle Anthony Castonzo (hamstring) and linebacker Darius Leonard (ankle/chest) were limited participants. Running back Marlon Mack (hamstring) and defensive tackle Denzelle Good (knee, wrist) were held out. Coach Frank Reich said all three are day-to-day.
- Minnesota Vikings conerback Mackensie Alexander (ankle) and running back Roc Thomas (ankle) did not participate in the beginning of practice, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported. The expectation is rookie Mike Hughes will start at slot corner if Alexander is unavailable for Sunday's opener versus the 49ers.
Center Pat Elflein (ankle, shoulder), offensive tackle Riley Reiff (foot) and cornerback Marcus Sherels (hamstring) were all limited.
Carroll added that defensive end Dion Jordan, who's been battling a shin injury, "has a chance" to play in the opener.
- Houston Texans cornerback Kayvon Webster (Achilles) did not participate in practice Wednesday. Wide receivers Keke Coutee (hamstring) and Will Fuller (hamstring), and linebackers Duke Ejiofor (hamstring) and Whitney Mercilus (hamstring) were all limited in practice. Cornerback Kevin Johnson (concussion) participated fully.
- New England Patriots rookie running back Sony Michel (knee) was limited in practice. Safety Nate Ebner (knee) and tackle Marcus Cannon (calf) were both full participants.
- Cleveland Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon (hamstring) and tight end Seth DeValve (quad) were limited in practice.
- Carolina Panthers guard Amini Silatolu (knee) and offensive tackle Daryl Williams (knee) were each listed as limited in practice.
- Jacksonville Jaguars center Brandon Linder (knee) and offensive tackle Jermey Parnell (knee) were each limited in practice.
- Arizona Cardinals teammates Jermaine Gresham (Achilles),T.J. Logan (ankle), Robert Nkemdiche (foot) were each limited in practice.