Sammy Watkins appears on track to start the first game of his rookie campaign after dealing with injured ribs during the preseason.
While the wideout has practiced all week, Bills coach Doug Marrone wouldn't confirm whether the rookie would be good to go Sunday against the Chicago Bears.
It's every team's prerogative to be secretive while still releasing an injury report. It's also true that rib injuries can be fickle.
Here are some other injuries we are tracking:
- The oft-injured Michael Crabtreedidn't participate in practice for the 49ers on Wednesday. The wide receiver is battling a calf injury.
- Panthers quarterback Cam Newton sat out practice Wednesday due to soreness in his injured ribs. Coach Ron Rivera is still confident that he will start on Sunday.
- Jets cornerback Dee Milliner (ankle) didn't practice Wednesday. Rex Ryan said "it's a little bit of a concern" but wouldn't rule him out -- yet.
- Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski (knee) was limited at practice on Wednesday. Patriots coach Bill Belichickis not ready to give Gronk the official green light yet.
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said running back Christine Michael (hamstring) has been ruled out of Thursday's game against the Packers. Carroll added that cornerback Tharold Simon is expected to have a minor procedure on his knee within the next couple days, per John Boyle of The (Everett, Was.) Herald. Carroll doesn't expect it to be a long-term issue for the nickel corner.
- Redskins cornerback Tracy Porter missed practice Wednesday with a hamstring injury. Porter is penciled in as the No. 3 corner on the team's depth chart.
- Linebacker Brian Orakpo was listed as limited at practice Wednesday with a sprained ankle. Orakpo was injured in the Redskins' preseason game against the Ravens.
- Tight end Jordan Reed is full-go at practice and will play on Sunday. The Redskins playmaker has been bothered by a sprained thumb.
- The Bengals' Vontaze Burfict (hamstring), Tyler Eifert (shoulder) and Andre Smith (concussion) were all full participants for Cincinnati on Wednesday.
- Patriots wide receiver Aaron Dobson was not on the team's injury report on Wednesday. Dobson didn't play in the preseason until the final game as he recovered from a March surgery where he had a screw inserted into his left foot.
- Nick Roach was limited in practice for Oakland on Wednesday. The linebacker is still suffering from a concussion that he suffered in the team's third preseason game.
- Bernard Pierce (concussion) and Lardarius Webb (back) are participating fully for the Baltimore Ravens this week.
We will update as more injury reports pour in throughout the day.
The latest "Around The NFL Podcast" previews the Packers-Seahawks opener and announces nominees for the new "Team of ATL."