"We're trying to run out the clock here. It gives us another week," Beane said of White on Tuesday. "I know people want answers. Candidly, we don't have them (as far as an exact date for return)."
White suffered a torn ACL during the Bills' Thanksgiving Day win over the Saints last season. The two-time Pro Bowler has remained on the physically unable to perform list through the extent of training camp so far. With the 80-man roster deadline set for 4 p.m. ET on Tuesday, the Bills have the option to place White on the reserve/PUP list, which would force him out of the first four games of the 2022 season. Instead, the Bills will wait until Aug. 30's final roster cut in order to preserve his potential availability for Week 1.
As for Jordan Poyer, who hasn't practiced in nearly three weeks, Beane said the Bills safety would likely play through his elbow injury if this was the regular season. Beane added that the team wants Poyer to be as close to 100% as possible with the Bills playing in Sept. 8's season-opening road game against the defending Super Bowl champion Rams.
- OL Justin Pugh is being checked out for a stinger, per head coach Kliff Kingsbury.
- Placed QB Matt Corral (foot) on season-ending injured reserve. NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reports Corral will have surgery to repair the injury. Corral suffered a Lisfranc injury to his left foot during Friday's preseason game.
- Placed LB Khalan Tolson on injured reserve after clearing waivers.
- Placed DB Duke Dawson on injured reserve.
- Placed WR Jameson Williams on reserve/non-football injury list, meaning the rookie will miss at least the first four games of the 2022 season. NFL Network Insider Tom Pelissero reports this was always Detroit's plan for the first-rounder as he continues to rehab from the torn ACL he sustained in his final college game at Alabama. The hope is Williams will be ready to play around midseason, according to Pelissero.
- Placed FB Jason Cabinda on the reserve/physically unable to perform list.
- Placed DL Romeo Okwara on the reserve/physically unable to perform list.
- Placed DL Josh Pascal on the reserve/physically unable to perform list.
- P Rigoberto Sanchez is believed to have suffered a torn Achilles in practice on Tuesday, NFL Network Insider Mike Garafolo reported, per a source. Garafolo adds that there is further testing to come, but the Colts are bracing for bad news about their punter.
- RB Derrick Gore placed on injured reserve.
- WR JuJu Smith-Schuster has "turned a corner" in regards to his sore knee and should be fine for Week 1, coach Andy Reid told reporters on Tuesday. Reid said the injury occurred during the Monday following the team's first preseason game and Smith-Schuster hasn't practiced since. Reid added that the Chiefs WR won't play in the final preseason game.
- TE Blake Bell recently underwent surgery to correct a hip flexor injury, per coach Reid.
- Placed OT Lucas Niang on reserve/PUP list.
- RB Elijah Mitchell (hamstring) is on schedule to play in Week 1, coach Kyle Shanahan told reporters Tuesday.
- WR Austin Mack placed on injured reserve.
- CB Jason Verrett will begin the season the reserve/PUP list, general manager John Lynch told reporters. Verrett, who is recovering from a torn ACL, will miss the first four games of the 2022 season.
- Rookie DT Kalila Davis will be placed on NFI/reserve list.
- Placed DE Chase Young on the reserve/physically unable to perform list as he continues to recover from an ACL injury sustained last season. Tuesday's move to the PUP list means Young will be eligible to return in Week 5 of the 2022 season.
- Placed C Tyler Larsen on the physically unable to perform list.
- Placed LB Nathan Gerry on injured reserve.
NFL+ gives you the freedom to watch LIVE out-of-market preseason games, LIVE local and prime-time regular-season and postseason games on your phone or tablet, the best NFL programming on-demand and more! Wherever you are, this is how you football! Learn more about NFL+.