Houston has been dealing with a swollen knee this week and missed his second straight practice. Chiefs coach Andy Reid characterized the swelling as normal on Wednesday and didn't seem concerned.
Cornerback Phillip Gaines is also not practicing with a knee injury.
Here are some other injuries we are tracking Thursday:
- The Raiders could see Mario Edwards take the field for the first time this season, general manager Reggie McKenzie said on *SiriusXM NFL Radio* on Thursday. "We're excited the way Mario has practiced here in the last couple weeks, so we feel pretty good about that situation, about the nation seeing him this weekend."
Edwards was designated as the team's player to return from injured reserve earlier this month. He suffered a hip injury in the team's preseason opener.
- Jets running back Matt Forte (shoulder, knee) didn't practice. Forte will likely be a game-time decision. Brandon Marshall (shoulder, back) and defensive lineman Muhammad Wilkerson (ankle) were limited.
- The Cowboys will hold out defensive end Demarcus Lawrence until the playoffs, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per a source. Lawrence missed last week's game with a back injury.
- Browns cornerback Joe Haden told reporters Thursday that he will have surgery on both groin injuries after the season, but will keep playing through the injuries in the final two games.
- Cardinals cornerback Marcus Cooper (back) is unlikely to play this weekend, coach Bruce Arians said. Offensive tackle DJ Humphries is still in the concussion protocol.
- Chargers running back Melvin Gordon (hip, knee) didn't practice, along with guard Orlando Franklin, who sat out with an illness.
- Steelers tight end Ladarius Green (concussion), safety Shamarko Thomas (concussion) and defensive end Stephon Tuitt (knee) didn't practice. Wideouts Darrius Heyward-Bey (foot) and Sammie Coates (hamstring) were limited.
- Lions running back Theo Riddick (wrist) and cornerbackDarius Slay (hamstring) didn't practice. Defensive end Ziggy Ansah (shoulder) and linebacker DeAndre Levy (knee) were limited.
- Eagles guard Allen Barbre left Thursday night's win over the Giants with a hamstring injury. He did not return. Safety Jaylen Watkins (concussion) and running back Ryan Mathews (stinger) also suffered injuries and did not return. Rookie quarterback Carson Wentz left briefly during the second half to be evaluated for a concussion, but was cleared and returned in the fourth quarter.