Redskins coach Jay Gruden told reporters that, while Norman still needs to get final clearance, the corner "looks like he's going to be fine." He is officially listed as questionable.
One of the league's top cornerbacks, Norman offers an immediate boost or perhaps more accurately, a return to expectation for Washington's secondary, which definitely missed him in Week 7. Wentz threw for 268 yards and four touchdowns in the win over the Redskins.
It wasn't all good news Friday for the Redskins' defense. Gruden told reporters that the team is placing injured linebacker Mason Foster on IR with a torn labrum. Foster has been dealing with a shoulder injury for many weeks, but played the last two weeks without incident.
Tackle Ty Nsekhe (core muscle) will not play. Center Spencer Long (quads) was also ruled out and will be replaced by rookie Chase Roullier.
The following Redskins, including most of Washington's offensive line, are questionable: CB Bashaud Breeland (knee), G Tyler Catalina (concussion), S Deshazor Everett (hamstring), S Stefan McClure (knee, hamstring), CB Fabian Moreau (hamstring), T Morgan Moses (ankle, ankle), G Brandon Scherff (knee, back), LB Preston Smith (groin), T Trent Williams (knee).
Other injury news we're tracking on Friday:
- Buffalo Bills coach Sean McDermott told reporters Friday that cornerback E.J. Gaines (hamstring), tight end Charles Clay (knee) and linebacker Ramon Humber (thumb) will be out for Sunday's game against the Oakland Raiders. Safety Jordan Poyer (knee) and guard Richie Incognito (ankle) remain day-to-day. Incognito was limited at practice and is listed as questionable.
- Philadelphia Eagles coach Doug Pederson said on Friday that cornerback Ronald Darby (ankle) will be listed as questionable.
- New York Jets cornerback Buster Skrine (concussion) and starting right tackle Brandon Shell (neck) will not play against the Atlanta Falcons. Muhammad Wilkerson (shoulder/foot) is questionable; the defensive lineman was questionable, but played against the Dolphins and put up his best game of the season.
- Carolina Panthers center Ryan Kalil (neck) and running back Fozzy Whitaker (ankle) will not play. Linebacker Luke Kuechly (concussion), kicker Graham Gano (knee/illness), tight end Ed Dickson (ankle) and safety Kurt Coleman (knee) are questionable. Kuechly has been cleared from the concussion protocol. The Panthers signed kicker Roberto Aguayo to the practice squad this week in case Gano's a no-go.
Cornerback Chidobe Awuzie (hamstring) will not play against the Redskins; defensive tackle Maliek Collins (foot) and linebacker Justin Durant (groin) are questionable; and tackle Tyron Smith (back/hip) was taken off the injury report.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers will be without three members of its secondary against the Panthers. Brent Grimes (shoulder), Robert McClain (concussion) andJosh Robinson (concussion) are all out. Defensive tackle Chris Baker (ankle) is questionable. Jameis Winston (shoulder) is also listed as questionable, but is expected to play.
- Seattle Seahakws guard Luke Joeckel (knee) won't play against the Texans, while running back C.J. Prosise (ankle) is doubtful. Listed as questionable are center Justin Britt (ankle), cornerback Jeremy Lane (groin, finger) and defensive end Marcus Smith (ankle).
- New England Patriots wide receiver Danny Amendola said he's good to go after injuring his knee. Tackle Marcus Cannon (ankle), corner Stephon Gilmore (concussion, ankle), defensive ends Lawrence Guy (chest) and Cassius Marsh (shoulder) and linebacker Elandon Roberts (ankle) are questionable to play against the Chargers. Malcom Brown (ankle) and Eric Rowe (groin) will not play.
- Houston Texans linebacker Jelani Jenkins (hand) and defensive tackle Kendall Langford (back) are questionable to play against Seattle.
- Denver Broncos coach Vance Joseph announced linebacker Todd Davis (ankle), receiver Emmanuel Sanders (ankle), defensive end Derek Wolfe (foot, hand) and tight end Virgil Green (shoulder) are questionable for their game against the Kansas City Chiefs. Offensive tackle Donald Stephenson (calf) was ruled out.