Bryant has been recovering from a hairline knee fracture he suffered in Week 3 against the Chicago Bears. He likely will not play against the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday, though he will try to test out his knee during Friday's practice, a source with knowledge of the situation told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport.
Read up on the rest of Thursday's injury news as we approach kickoff of Week 5:
- Panthers quarterback Cam Newton did not practice for the second straight day. Newton remains in concussion protocol after suffering a hit to the head during Sunday's loss to the Falcons. If Newton is unavailable Monday night, Derek Anderson would face Tampa Bay in his absence. Anderson said Thursday he hasn't been told whether or not he will start in place of Newton yet.
Running back Jonathan Stewart (hamstring), linebacker Thomas Davis (hamstring) and offensive tackle Michael Oher (concussion) also didn't practice. Receivers Devin Funchess (foot) and Ted Ginn Jr. (foot), as well as running back Mike Tolbert (hamstring), center Ryan Kalil (knee), offensive tackle Mike Remmers (shoulder) and defensive tackle Star Lotulelei (shoulder) were limited.
- Denver Broncos quarterback Trevor Siemian (shoulder) threw at the beginning of practice and was listed as limited. The second-year signal-caller didn't practice at all Wednesday, so this is an improvement toward starting Sunday.
- New York Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis (hamstring) and receiver Eric Decker (shoulder) both didn't practice. Decker is week-to-week, according to coach Todd Bowles. Decker told reporters he should know by Friday if he'll play this week.
- Packers cornerback Sam Shields won't play this week, Green Bay coach Mike McCarthy said. He's still going through the process of recovering from a concussion, but is making improvements.
- Lions receiver Marvin Jones (hamstring) returned to practice. DeAndre Levy (quad), Ziggy Ansah (ankle), and Eric Ebron (ankle) didn't practice.
- Bengals tight end Tyler Eifert (back) didn't practice, though coach Marvin Lewis said he wouldn't rule him out from playing Sunday. Running back Jeremy Hill (chest) was limited.
- Bears quarterback Jay Cutler (thumb) and Eddie Royal (calf) were among those who didn't practice. Tight end Zach Miller (ribs) was limited.
- Giants running back Rashad Jennings (thumb), cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (groin), and cornerback Eli Apple (hamstring) were all limited. Apple is moving in the right direction, having not practiced Wednesday.
- The Niners placed NaVorro Bowman (Achilles tendon) on injured reserve. The team also listed defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey inactive for Thursday's tilt against the Arizona Cardinals. Dorsey was listed as limited in practice Wednesday with a knee issue.
During the game, linebacker Tank Carradine suffered a toe injury and didn't return. In addition, cornerback Chris Davis suffered a knee injury on a kickoff return in the third quarter and didn't return. He was spotted on crutches and wearing a knee brace in locker room after the game.
- Redskins cornerback Bashaud Breeland (ankle), safety Su'a Cravens (concussion) and wideout Josh Doctson (Achilles) didn't practice. Linebacker Ryan Kerrigan (elbow) was limited. Guard Shawn Lauvao and defensive end Chris Baker (elbow) were upgraded to full participants.
- Colts quarterback Andrew Luck (shoulder) was limited in practice after being a full participant the previous day. Frank Gore (chest) was a full participant after not practicing the previous day.
- Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski (hamstring), running back LeGarrette Blount (hip), wideout Julian Edelman (foot), linebacker Dont'a Hightower (knee) and quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo (shoulder) were limited.
- Vikings receiver Stefon Diggs (groin) and defensive tackle Sharrif Floyd (knee) didn't practice. Tight end Kyle Rudolph (rib) was limited after not participating Wednesday.
- Texans receiver Braxton Miller (hamstring) was a full participant after being limited. Tight end C.J. Fiedorowicz (knee), cornerback Kareem Jackson (hamstring) and offensive tackle Duane Brown (knee) were limited.