Despite returning to the field in Week 12 from a nagging foot injury and logging 11 catches for 172 yards and a score in the last three games, Watkins is sitting out Bills practice Wednesday.
Bills tight end Charles Clay (knee), offensive lineman Cordy Glenn (back), defensive tackle Kyle Williams (back) and linebacker Lerentee McCray (concussion) are also sitting out practice.
Here are other injury notes we're tracking Wednesday:
- Andrew Luck sat out practice because of a sore shoulder and elbow, Colts coach Chuck Pagano said. "Hopefully he'll be out (at practice) tomorrow," Pagano said.
- The Vikingsannounced running back Adrian Peterson has been designated to return from injured reserve and will practice. Coach Mike Zimmer told reporters there's a chance safety Harrison Smith will return from an ankle injury this week. Meanwhile, quarterback Sam Bradford (shoulder) was limited in practice Wednesday.
- Eagles coach Doug Pederson announced offensive lineman Allen Barbre (hamstring), receiver Jordan Matthews (ankle), running back Darren Sproles (concussion protocol) and offensive lineman Halapoulivaati Vaitai (knee) will not practice.
- Falcons receiver Mohamed Sanu (groin) will practice, coach Dan Quinn announced. Receiver Julio Jones (toe) will not practice.
- Lions quarterback Matt Stafford wore a modified glove tailored to cover up his injured middle finger at practice.
- Jets running back Matt Forte (knee) did not practice Wednesday. Head coach Todd Bowles said the decision on his status for Sunday will likely be made just before it begins. Forte told reporters an MRI revealed that he has been dealing with a torn meniscus but he hopes to play this weekend. Offseason surgery is possible, Forte said.