Bill Cowher, Leslie Frazier and Eric Mangini showed their patriotism in a personal way by joining U.S. troops in the Middle East for the Fourth of July. Listen to Frazier describe his feelings about the trip, see photos from the NFL/USO tour here, and watch as Cowher tells "NFL Total Access" about his experiences with Steelers fans on tour.
Here's what else is on tap for Thursday:
Brooks: Matt Ryan vs. Joe Flacco
Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco both entered the league as first-round picks in 2008. Which QB is better? Bucky Brooks examines. More ...
• The latest step in the NFL's continuing effort to make the stadium experience more fan-friendly might involve microphones placed on players so fans can listen in via an in-stadium phone application.
• Owners Jeffrey and Christina Weiss Lurie told Philadelphia Eagles employees that the Luries' upcoming divorce -- announced on Wednesday -- will have no effect on franchise operations.
• Elliot Harrison continues his series reviewing the best games of 2011 with No. 12. And check out Elliot's choice for No. 13, involving an fateful fourth-down decision.
Wyche: What's next in 'bounty' case?
• It's more accepted than ever that above-average height is required to excel as an NFL quarterback, but NFL.com's Ian Rapoport takes a look at the surprising success of some vertically challenged signal-callers.
• Happy birthday to New England Patriots WR Brandon Lloyd, who turns 31 on Thursday. Also celebrating a birthday is Pro Football Hall of Famer James Lofton, who turns 56.
• Your fantasy team plays in the NFL, so why don't you play on NFL.com? Sign up now to play the official free fantasy game of the NFL.