Abraham -- who suffered a concussion during last Monday's win over the San Diego Chargers -- is currently on Arizona's reserve list. NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported that the veteran pass rusher will return to the team prior to Wednesday's practice. As soon as he passes through the league's concussion protocol, he'll start, a team source told Rapoport.
ESPN's Adam Schefter reported last week via sources that Abraham, 36, is suffering from memory loss and has been for "well over a year."
Abraham told Arians last Tuesday that "his heart isn't in the game anymore." Cardinals general manager Steve Keim subsequently told NFL Media's Daniel Jeremiah on the "Move the Sticks" podcast that Abraham "indicated to us that he just wanted to take a step back and take some time to consider the time and the effort and constraints it takes to play in the NFL."