DEMONSTRATES DEDICATION AND COMMITMENT TO COMMUNITY EFFORTS THIS YEAR:
Bobby Wagner's investment in the community has continued to develop throughout this year. He has led "Walk with Wagner" to bring Stroke Awareness to the Seattle area, and has teamed up with the nonprofit organization, Generosity Feeds, and MOD Pizza to pack meals for 10,000 children in his hometown, Ontario, California. He continues to understand the needs of Seattle, in which his launching of "Bwagz Sees You" hit directly with the homeless population of Seattle, where Bobby and his team made way to nine encampment sites throughout the Seattle area, delivering supplies, as well as purchasing nine homes for these sites. He has been a speaker for the Man Up Conference and Coaching Boys Into Men event, where he shares his story of adversity and becoming an NFL player.
DEMONSTRATES DEDICATION AND COMMITMENT TO COMMUNITY EFFORTS IN YEARS PAST
Bobby normally likes to keep it quiet but has become more visible to the public. This year he has done more than ever and here is a list of just some of things he has done this year in his hometown and Seattle:
- Hosted 100 local youth for "Secret Santa" shopping spree, which included an appearance from the Seahawks mascot.
- Hosted "Pro Bowling with Bobby Wagner" in Orlando during Pro Bowl Week.
- Packed 10,000 Meals for Kids in His Hometown. On May 4, Wagner teamed up with nonprofit organization Generosity Feeds and Seattle-based social enterprise MOD Pizza to pack meals for 10,000 children in his hometown of Ontario, California.
- Hosted "Walk with Wagner" to bring Stroke Awareness to the Seattle area. In honor of Stroke Awareness month and an effort to bring awareness to the illness, Wagner welcomed 100 children as they enjoyed a lite breakfast provided by Safeway at VMAC. Stroke Awareness is a topic that hits home for Bobby whose mother suffered a stroke his freshman year of college and later passed away following complications.
- Participated in Safeway Sweeps and raised $50,000 for charity.
- Launched "Bwagz Sees You" To Combat Homelessness in Seattle. Wagner and his team made way to nine encampment sites throughout Seattle. Wagner and his team delivered much needed supplies to the following villages: Northlake, Interbay, Othello, Camp Second Chance, Tiny House, Georgetown, Whittier Heights, True Hope and Lake Union.
- Spokesperson – Home Field Advantage Campaign w/Vulcan to support Mount Baker Family Housing and Resource Center.
- Participated in Make-A-Wish.
Bobby feels his blessing is to be able to give to people everywhere that need it. Bobby will give back far beyond his playing days in the NFL, and he is a role model on and off the field in every way. The Seahawks are thankful to nominate Bobby Wagner as their Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year.