NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Thursday morning that the NFL has "been in discussions with the union about the future of the Pro Bowl. No determination has been made yet about this season's game."
Domonique Foxworth, president of the NFLPA, isn't ready to give up on the game just yet, however.
Just last week, Around the League passed along comments from NFL executive vice president and general counsel Jeff Pash about the Pro Bowl. The league and union discussed the issue in their meeting on April 16. Pash said the two sides were in agreement that the quality of last year's game was unacceptable. Pash mentioned possible ways to improve the game, including insurance for players, rule changes, and changing the payout amounts.
Pash did not mention canceling the game at the time, but Commissioner Roger Goodell did mention the possibility earlier this offseason. It's becoming clearer that the league sees getting rid of the game entirely as a realistic option.