Adam Thielen is back from his one-week absence.
The Minnesota Vikings announced they have activated Thielen from the reserve/COVID-19 list on Wednesday. Coach Mike Zimmer told reporters earlier Wednesday that Thielen will be "ready to go" Sunday against the Jaguars.
Thielen missed Minnesota's Week 12 win over Carolina due to his placement on the list. His sudden departure under NFL-NFLPA protocols followed his best outing of the season in a 31-28 loss to Dallas, in which Thielen caught eight passes for 123 yards and two touchdowns.
Thielen returns to a receiving corps that has increasingly featured rookie Justin Jefferson of late. The first-year pass-catcher currently ranks eighth in receiving yards with 918, creating a dynamic duo at the position for the Vikings.
Thielen was a full participant in Wednesday's practice. Running back Dalvin Cook (ankle) was limited.
Here's other news, injuries and transactions we're tracking on Wednesday:
- Baltimore Ravens quarterback Robert Griffin III, whose leg was wrapped, was replaced in the fourth quarter by Trace McSorley. It was McSorley's first action of the season and his second career appearance. After the game, Griffin said he injured his hamstring. Cornerback Jimmy Smith has been ruled out against the Steelers after suffering a groin injury in the first half. The Ravens activated the following players from the practice squad as COVID-19 replacements for Wednesday's game: linebacker Aaron Adeoye, defensive tackle Aaron Crawford, tight end Sean Culkin, quarterback Tyler Huntley, long snapper Nick Moore, offensive lineman R.J. Prince, linebacker Chauncey Rivers, tight end Eric Tomlinson, running back Ty'Son Williams, tight end Luke Willson. Offensive tackle Jake Rodgers and defensive tackle Brandon Williams were inactive. Baltimore also placed safety Geno Stone on the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Bud Dupree was injured Wednesday, sustaining a likely torn ACL that will end his season, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo and Aditi Kinkhabwala reported. The Steelers placed center Maurkice Pouncey on the reserve/COVID-19 list, keeping him out of their Wednesday afternoon game against the Ravens. Running back Wendell Smallwood and offensive lineman Anthony Coyle were elevated from the practice squad to the active/inactive roster as COVID-19 replacements.
- The Philadelphia Eagles activated tight end Zach Ertz from injured reserve and WR J.J. Arcega-Whiteside from the reserve/COVID-19 list. They also placed offensive tackle Lane Johnson on IR and added cornerback Kevon Seymour to the practice squad. Ertz, who has been sidelined since Week 7 with an ankle injury, was limited in practice. Defensive tackle Fletcher Cox (neck) did not practice.
- New York Giants coach Joe Judge said quarterback Colt McCoy will take the majority of first-team reps in practice Wednesday, with some going to Clayton Thorson, while Daniel Jones recovers from a hamstring injury. Defensive back Nate Ebner (knee), linebacker David Mayo (knee) and wide receivers Sterling Shepard (toe/shoulder) and Darius Slayton (shoulder/foot) were limited in practice.
- Miami Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa was limited in practice Wednesday, wearing black tape around his left wrist and lower part of his left thumb. He missed Week 12 after jamming his thumb in practice. The Dolphins promoted defensive tackle Benito Jones to the active roster.
- Indianapolis Colts quarterback Philip Rivers (toe) and offensive tackle Anthony Castonzo (knee) did not practice Wednesday.
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers waived linebacker Jack Cichy and signed defensive lineman Jeremiah Ledbetter from the practice squad.
- Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford (thumb) and running back D'Andre Swift (concussion) were limited in practice.
- Tennessee Titans wide receiver Adam Humphries returned to practice, while tight end Jonnu Smith, defensive end Jeffery Simmons and cornerback Adoree' Jackson did not practice.
- Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones (hamstring), Calvin Ridley (foot/ankle) and running back Todd Gurley (knee) were limited practice participants.
- Chicago Bears coach Matt Nagy said Mitchell Trubisky will start Sunday against the Lions. Quarterback Nick Foles (hip) was limited in practice Wednesday, and linebacker Khalil Mack (back) and defensive tackle Akiem Hicks (hamstring) did not participate.
- The Denver Broncos claimed safety Will Parks off waivers, activated defensive end Shelby Harris off the reserve/COVID-19 list and placed cornerback Bryce Callahan on IR. Parks, a 2016 draft pick by Denver, was released by the Eagles on Tuesday. He appeared in six games this season, recording 13 tackles and making three starts. Running back Phillip Lindsay (knee) did not practice Wednesday, while wide receiver Jerry Jeudy (ankle) was limited.
- Las Vegas Raiders offensive tackle Trent Brown returned to practice Wednesday. The veteran lineman has been limited to just two games this season, most recently while on the reserve/COVID-19 list. The Raiders also activated defensive back Lamarcus Joyner and running back Theo Riddick off the COVID list. Safety Johnathan Abram (knee), wide receiver Nelson Agholor (ankle) cornerback Damon Arnette (concussion/neck), defensive tackle Maliek Collins (hamstring/ankle) and running back Josh Jacobs (ankle) did not practice.
- Jacksonville Jaguars wide receiver D.J. Chark (ribs) was limited in practice.
- The San Francisco 49ers activated wide receiver Brandon Aiyuk , defensive lineman D.J. Jones and defensive lineman Jordan Willis off the reserve/COVID-19 list. The Niners also promoted safety Kai Nacua to the active roster from the team's practice squad, designated linebacker Mark Nzeocha for return from IR and signed safety Chris Edwards to the practice squad.
- Green Bay Packers wide receivers Allen Lazard (core) and Equanimeous St. Brown (knee) and safety Darnell Savage (back) were each limited practice participants. Cornerback Jaire Alexander (knee/hand) was a full participant.
- Houston Texans defensive tackle Ross Blacklock and running back C.J. Prosise missed practice due to illness. The Texans activated the 21-day practice window for linebacker Kyle Emanuel and running back David Johnson to return from IR, signed defensive end Corey Liuget to the active roster from the practice squad and signed wide receiver J'Mon Moore and cornerback Manny Patterson to the practice squad.
- New England Patriots quarterback Cam Newton (abdomen) was limited in Wednesday's practice.
- Los Angeles Chargers defensive end Joey Bosa (shin) and cornerback Chris Harris (foot) did not practice. Running back Kalen Ballage (ankle), linebacker Uchenna Nwosu (chest) and guard Trai Turner (ankle) were limited.
- New York Jets offensive lineman George Fant (knee/ankle) did not practice, while wide receiver Breshad Perriman (shoulder) was limited.
- Seattle Seahawks defensive lineman Carlos Dunlap (foot) did not practice on Wednesday. Running backs Chris Carson (foot) and Carlos Hyde (toe) were each limited.
- Arizona Cardinals quarterback Kyler Murray (shoulder) was limited in Wednesday's practice.