The Miami Dolphins have a short week to prepare for the Baltimore Ravens. They're hoping it will be enough time for Tua Tagovailoa to make his next start.
Coach Brian Flores said the second-year quarterback's availability for Thursday Night Football will be a game-time decision. Tagovailoa, who's still dealing with a finger injury, was active for the Dolphins' Week 9 win over the Texans but ultimately sat behind Jacoby Brissett. On Tuesday, Tagovailoa was again listed as a limited participant in the team's estimated practice report.
"He's making some progress, but is still somewhat limited," Flores told reporters, noting that Tagovailoa looked good Monday. "He is definitely making progress. He has a fracture in the finger. Definitely some discomfort."
Flores reiterated that this is a medical decision and that Brissett would again get the nod if Miami were playing today.
"No different than last week," Flores said. "Can Tua do everything we need him to do to have success in the game?"
Wideout Will Fuller, who's been sidelined since Week 4, is also on the mend. Flores said the prized offseason addition has yet to return because of a "significant" finger injury but he's "trending in the right direction."
"He has made a lot of progress," Flores said. "He got some favorable news last couple of days. Hopefully we can get him back out there quickly. He has been in and working."
- Cleveland Browns running backs Nick Chubb and Demetric Felton tested positive for COVID-19, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported. Both players were placed on injured reserve.
- Pittsburgh Steelers receiver Chase Claypool is undergoing an MRI on a toe injury, coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday.
- The Los Angeles Rams placed tight end Jacob Harris on IR.
- The Buffalo Bills placed wide receiver Jake Kumerow on the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Marquise Brown (back) returned to full-go in the team's estimated practice report from Tuesday. Wide receiver Sammy Watkins (thigh) was limited and running back Latavius Murray (ankle) was out.
- The New York Jets placed safety Marcus Maye and tight end Tyler Kroft on IR. The team also placed wide receiver Denzel Mims on the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- The Cincinnati Bengals placed safety Brandon Wilson and linebacker Akeem Davis-Gaither on IR.
- The Dallas Cowboys placed kicker Greg Zuerlein on the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- The Washington Football Team placed offensive lineman Saahdiq Charles on the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- The Denver Broncos placed offensive lineman Graham Glasgow on injured reserve.
- The Tennessee Titans wide receiver Josh Reynolds asked for, and was granted, his release, per NFL Network's Mike Garafolo. If claimed on the waiver wire, he'll cost his next team just $500,000 for the rest of the season, Garafolo added. The team also released defensive back Breon Borders.
- Former Cleveland Browns wide receiver Odell Beckham cleared waivers Tuesday and is officially a free agent.
- The Cleveland Browns signed guard Wyatt Teller to a four-year extension. Pelissero reported the deal is worth $56.8 million with $29 million guaranteed. The team also signed wide receiver Ja'Marcus Bradley and defensive tackle Sheldon Day to the active roster, running back Brian Hill, safety Nathan Meadors and wide receiver Isaiah Zuber to the practice squad and released cornerback Tim Harris from the practice squad.
- The Washington Football Team signed kicker Joey Slye and released kicker Chris Blewitt.
- The Arizona Cardinals are signing tight end Alex Ellis to the practice squad, Pelissero reported. They also signed offensive lineman Marcus Henry, defensive lineman Zach Kerr, offensive lineman Danny Isidora and linebacker Joe Walker to the active roster and re-signed offensive lineman Koda Martin to the practice squad.
- The Pittsburgh Steelers released kicker Josh Lambo from the practice squad.
- The Carolina Panthers re-signed offensive lineman Aaron Monteiro to their practice squad and released quarterback Josh Love. The team is expected to sign quarterback Matt Barkley, Garafolo reported. Barkley, who has previously been with the Eagles, Bears and Bills, is currently on the Titans practice squad, so the Panthers would be signing him off Tennessee's practice squad and onto their active roster.
- The Atlanta Falcons signed defensive back Chris Williamson to their active roster and released outside linebacker Jacob Tuioti-Mariner and punter Cameron Nizialek.
- The Philadelphia Eagles waived cornerback Mac McCain III and signed cornerback Craig James to the practice squad.
- The New York Jets signed safety Elijah Riley to the active roster.
- The Cincinnati Bengals acquired linebacker Clay Johnston off waivers from the Panthers.
- The New York Giants waived defensive back Sam Beal.
- The New England Patriots placed quarterback Jarrett Stidham on the 53-man roster and signed James Ferentz to the practice squad a day after releasing him from the active roster, NFL Network's Mike Giardi reported.
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are signing wide receiver Breshad Perriman to their practice squad.
- The Houston Texans claimed running back Royce Freeman off waivers from the Carolina Panthers.