Detroit Lions running back D'Andre Swift is dealing with a groin injury that could keep him from being 100 percent for the season opener.
Coach Dan Campbell said Tuesday that he's concerned about Swift's conditioning with just under three weeks ahead of Week 1.
"We don't know if he's gonna be there," Campbell said, via Chris Burke of The Athletic. "We don't know, even if he is, how much we're going to get out of him."
The second-year pro is expected to get a heavy workload in practice Tuesday to test that conditioning, per Campbell.
Swift missed three games during his rookie campaign due to injury.
The shifty back is expected to split carries with Jamaal Williams this season. However, if Swift isn't full-go for Week 1, that workload for Williams would be larger than projected.
- Jacksonville Jaguars running back Travis Etienne has been placed on injured reserve after suffering a serious Lisfranc injury in Monday night's preseason game, Rapoport reported. The designation officially marks the end of Etienne's rookie season. Etienne will undergo surgery, and could face a recovery timeline of a minimum of 12 weeks.
- New Orleans Saints tight ends Nick Vannett is undergoing an MRI on Tuesday to determine the severity of a knee injury sustained in Monday night's preseason game, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported. Fellow TE Adam Trautman (foot/ankle) also left the game due to injury. Trautman's injury is not believed to be major but he'll still seek opinions, Rapoport added.
- Buffalo Bills wideout Isaiah McKenzie suffered a shoulder injury in Tuesday's practice and is having an MRI to determine the severity of the injury, Rapoport reports. Bills defensive tackles Star Lotulelei and Vernon Butler and wide receivers Cole Beasley and Gabriel Davis were placed on the reserve/COVID list. The designations come after training staff member tested positive for COVID-19, requiring several players to quarantine.
- New York Jets left tackle Mekhi Becton left Tuesday's practice for precautionary reasons after a head-to-head collision, coach Robert Saleh told reporters. Becton is being evaluated for a head injury. Rookie cornerback Brandin Echols (hip) also left practice. The team placed defensive lineman Vinny Curry on the reserve/NFI list.
- Philadelphia Eagles left tackle Andre Dillard (knee) is back in pads for Tuesday's joint practice with the Jets, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Bruce Arians says kicker Ryan Succop, who is vaccinated, tested positive for COVID-19 and will miss Saturday's preseason finale in Houston. The team placed Succop on the reserve/COVID list and placed running back Troymaine Pope on injured reserve.
- Tennessee Titans have placed running back Jeremy McNichols, linebacker Nick Dzubnar, and defensive lineman Anthony Rush on the reserve/COVID list.
- Los Angeles Rams punter Corey Bojorquez has been activated off the reserve//COVID list.
- The Arizona Cardinals placed defensive lineman Jack Crawford on injured reserve.
- The Los Angeles Chargers activated safety Nasir Adderley off the reserve/COVID list.
- The Miami Dolphins have placed Lynn Bowden on injured reserve.
- The Green Bay Packers placed safety Will Redmond on injured reserve.
- The San Francisco 49ers placed linebacker Mychal Kendricks on injured reserve.
- Las Vegas Raiders linebacker Darron Lee was placed on injured reserve.
- The New York Giants placed tight end Rysen John and Quincy Wilson on injured reserve.
- Seattle Seahawks running back Travis Homer passed his physical and is expected to be activated from the PUP list.
- The Chicago Bears placed safety Jordan Lucas and defensive tackle Mike Pennel on injured reserve.
- Cincinnati Bengals cornerback Donnie Lewis cleared waivers and was reverted back to injured reserve.
- New England Patriots offensive lineman Marcus Martin was placed on injured reserve.
- The Carolina Panthers and wideout Robby Anderson have agreed to terms on a two-year, $29.5 million contract extension, Rapoport reported. The Panthers signed kicker Dominik Eberle to compete with Joey Slye, the team announced.
- The Seattle Seahawks signed tight end Luke Willson.
- The New England Patriots have claimed tight end Kahale Warring off waivers from the Texans, a source tells NFL Network's Tom Pelissero.
- The Buffalo Bills have claimed wide receiver Rico Gafford and defensive tackle Joey Ivie off waivers.
- The Houston Texans hosted defensive back Rasul Douglas and linebacker Tahir Whitehead on visits.
- The Atlanta Falcons hosted quarterback Blake Bortles for a visit ahead of the team's signing of Josh Rosen.
- Ex-Cincinnati Bengals defensive tackle Geno Atkins visited the Seattle Seahawks on Monday, Rapoport reported. Atkins' visit, workout and physical all went well and there is believed to be real mutual interest between both parties, Rapoport added. Momentum on a possible deal could pick up around final roster cuts, the deadline for which is on Aug. 31.
- Cleveland Browns wide receiver Davion Davis has been suspended without pay for the first two games of the 2021 regular season for violating the league's policy on substance abuse, the team announced. Davis will be able to participate for the remainder of the preseason and will be eligible to return to the Browns' active roster on Monday, Sept. 20, following the team's Week 2 game in Houston.
- The Buffalo Bills have cut tight end Bug Howard, offensive lineman Tyler Gauthier, linebacker Tyrell Adams, safety Tariq Thompson and wideout Lance Lenoir.
- The Miami Dolphins have released offensive lineman Jermaine Eluemunor, Pelissero reports, per a source. The team also waived wide receiver Isaiah Ford, and injured WR Robert Foster.
- The Washington Football Team have released center Jon Toth, cornerback Jordan Brown, tackle Rick Leonard, linebacker Justin Phillips, and defensive tackle Justus Reed.
- The Denver Broncos have released linebacker Josh Watson and wide receiver Branden Mack.
- The Carolina Panthers have waived defensive end Kendall Donnerson and safety LaDarius Wiley, and released defensive tackle Caraun Reid.
- The Pittsburgh Steelers released linebacker Calvin Bundage, offensive lineman Aviante Collins, running back Pete Guerrerio, wideout Tyler Simmons and injured safety Antoine Brooks Jr..
- The New York Jets have released wideout Manasseh Bailey, WR Josh Malone, linebacker Edmond Robinson, and offensive lineman Tristen Hoge.
- The Chicago Bears waived offensive lineman Badara Traore, guard Dareuan Parker and running back CJ Marable.
- The Los Angeles Rams have cut tight end/fullback Kyle Markway.
- The Indianapolis Colts have waived kicker Eddy Pineiro and injured right end Noah Togiai.
- The Philadelphia Eagles waived injured linebacker Joe Ostman.
- The Seattle Seahawks are releasing veteran cornerback Pierre Desir.
- The Arizona Cardinals released offensive lineman Branden Bowen and defensive lineman David Parry and waived/injured linebacker Jamell Garcia-Williams.
- The Jacksonville Jaguars waived offensive lineman Derwin Gray, cornerback Jameson Houston and defensive tackle Kenny Randall.
- The Los Angeles Chargers waived long snapper Ryan Langan, wideout Austin Proehl, tight end Matt Seybert, and tackle Kyle Spalding. The team also waived injured linebacker Damon Lloyd and injured defensive lineman Chris Okoye.
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers waived tackle Chidi Okeke.
- The Tennessee Titans cut cornerback Kevin Peterson.
- The Baltimore Ravens waived quarterback Kenji Bahar.
- The Green Bay Packers have released defensive lineman John Avery and linebacker Kamal Martin.
- The New York Giants have waived injured defensive backs Montre Hartage and Cole Hikutini. Long snapper Carson Tinker's contract was terminated.
- The San Francisco 49ers released cornerback B.W. Webb and defensive lineman Shilique Calhoun, and waived wide receiver River Cracraft and OL Corbin Kaufusi.
- The Las Vegas Raiders waived wide receiver Marcell Ateman and injured defensive tackle Darius Stills.
- The Dallas Cowboys waived kicker Lirim Hajrullahu.
- The New England Patriots waived defensive back Malik Grant, linebacker Cassh Maluia, long snapper Brian Khoury, offensive lineman R.J. Prince and wideout Devin Ross.
- The Houston Texans waived defensive tackles Auzoyah Alufohai and center Drake Jackson.
- The Cleveland Browns released injured kicker Cody Parkey.