The Philadelphia Eagles are clinging to faint playoff hopes, but some help is on the way for their offense.
Jackson has not played since Oct. 22 when he suffered a suffered a non-displaced fracture in his ankle during a win over the Giants and was subsequently placed on injured reserve. Jackson has only played in four games this season and had 13 catches for 155 yards.
Jackson missed time early this season due to a hamstring injury.
Philadelphia later announced Jackson's activation along with a number of other moves. The Eagles signed defensive tackle T.Y. McGill and tight end Caleb Wilson to the active roster and placed defensive end Josh Sweat and cornerback Kevon Seymour on IR.
Here's other injury and roster news we're tracking this Saturday:
- Washington Football Team quarterback Alex Smith, still nursing a calf injury, felt a bit sore Saturday and there isn't as much optimism as there was that he'll play Sunday against the Panthers, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport and NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported. The team plans to check back with him Sunday morning. Washington is releasing receiver Dontrelle Inman Inman to activate WR Antonio Gandy-Golden off IR, Rapoport reported, per an informed source. Gandy-Golden was placed on IR in October. Rapoport noted that Inman could be a veteran addition down the stretch off waivers. The team later announced those moves, as well as the elevation of quarterback Steven Montez from the practice squad.
- Miami Dolphins wide receiver Jakeem Grant exited early against the Raiders after suffering an ankle injury. Offensive lineman Elandon Roberts was carted off the field and ruled out with a knee injury.
- San Francisco 49ers cornerback K'Waun Williams (knee/shin) and offensive lineman Justin Skule (knee) exited early against the Cardinals.
- Arizona Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury said quarterback Kyler Murray's leg is being evaluated following the team's loss to the 49ers. Murray is expected to be OK after getting leg-whipped near the end of the game, per Rapoport. Running back Chase Edmonds was ruled out versus the 49ers with a hip injury. Tight end Dan Arnold was evaluated for a concussion but cleared to return.
- Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford did not return against the Buccaneers after suffering an ankle injury in the first quarter. Guard Joe Dahl was also ruled out after sustaining a back injury.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers safety Mike Edwards was ruled out (hip) after getting injured in the second quarter.
- Revenge is afoot in Jacksonville. The Jaguars will start quarterback Mike Glennon on Sunday against the Chicago Bears, Rapoport reported. Running back James Robinson, the NFL's third-leader rusher and top rookie on the ground, won't play vs. the Bears, Rapoport reported via an informed source. Robinson missed the entire week of practice with an ankle injury. The Jags later confirmed those moves and announce the following: cornerback Quenton Meeks was signed to the active roster from the practice squad, RB Craig Reynolds and fullback Bruce Miller were elevated to the active/inactive list; offensive lineman Tre'Vour Wallace-Simms (COVID-19 replacement) was activated from the practice squad and CB Sidney Jones was placed on IR with an Achilles injury.
- Daniel Jones will be back on the field for the Giants this Sunday against the Ravens. Rapoport and Pelissero report Jones is expected to start after being listed as questionable due to hamstring and ankle injuries.
- Seattle Seahawks tight end Greg Olsen and defensive lineman Bryan Mone will be activated off IR and are set to play on Sunday against the Rams, coach Pete Carroll announced. Olsen was placed on IR Nov. 23 after suffering a plantar fascia tear in Week 11. Monev (ankle) landed on IR nine days prior.
- New Orleans Saints pass rusher Cameron Jordan was fined $10,500 for unecessary roughness for the "punch" that led to his ejection from last week's loss to the Chiefs, Rapoport reported.
- Cleveland Browns offensive lineman Jedrick Wills has been activated off the reserve/COVID-19 list and linebacker B.J. Goodson was added to the list. The team also elevated center Javon Patterson (COVID replacement) from the practice squad.
- The Dallas Cowboys placed defensive tackle Antwaun Woods on IR and signed rookie running back Sewo Olonilua to the active roster.
- The L.A. Chargers listed receiver Keenan Allen (hamstring) as questionable. The team also signed defensive end Jessie Lemonier and placed DE Uchenna Nwosu (knee) on IR.
- Cincinnati Bengals cornerback Mackensie Alexander was fined $10,000 for taunting after a pass breakup in the Week 15 win over the Steelers, Pelissero reported. The Bengals also elevated cornerback Tony Brown to the active roster from IR, elevated receiver Trenton Irwin and linebacker Keandre Jones from the practice squad to the active roster for Sunday and waived safety Trayvon Henderson.
- Pittsburgh Steelers offensive lineman Chukwuma Okorafor was fined $10,000 for shoving Alexander into the bench area after he high-stepped on an interception return in that same game, per Pelissero. The Steelers announced linebacker Marcus Allen, kicker Chris Boswell, and linebacker Ola Adeniyi have been downgraded to out for Sunday. Pittsburgh also signed LB Tegray Scales to the active roster, elevated K Matthew Wright to the active/inactive roster from the practice squad and waived offensive lineman Derwin Gray.
- The Indianapolis Colts will be without offensive tackle Anthony Castonzo (knee/ankle) for Sunday's showdown against the Steelers.
- The Carolina Panthers downgraded rookie cornerback Troy Pride (hip) to out for Sunday's game against Washington.
- The Tennessee Titans elevated linebacker Brooks Reed (standard elevation) from their practice squad to the active roster.
- The Atlanta Falcons flexed offensive lineman Sean Harlow and receiver Chris Rowland to the active roster.
- Denver Broncos cornerback Michael Ojemudia was fined $5,082 for punching Bills receiver Gabriel Davis in Week 15, Pelissero reported. Ojemudia was ejected for his actions. Denver announced running back Levante Bellamy was elevated from the practice squad and RB Phillip Lindsay (hip/knee) was placed on IR. The team also ruled pass rusher Bradley Chubb (ankle) out for Week 16.
- Chicago Bears tight end Demetrius Harris (foot) has been downgraded to out for Week 16. Chicago also activated defensive back Xavier Crawford from the practice squad for Sunday.
- The Las Vegas Raiders activated defensive tackle Maliek Collins from IR and activated DB Rashaan Gaulden, linebacker James Onwualu, and DB Javin White from the practice squad.
- The New York Jets activated running back La'Mical Perine off IR and elevated linebackers Brady Sheldon, Sharif Finch and Noah Dawkins to the active roster.
- The New England Patriots signed kicker Roberto Aguayo to their practice squad: