A slew of running back injuries has led to a couple of new additions to the Baltimore Ravens' backfield.
Baltimore also officially placed backup Justice Hill, who suffered a torn Achilles Monday, on injured reserve.
Cannon, a sixth-round pick of the Jets in 2018, joins the Ravens following a one-year stint with the Panthers, where he primarily served as a backup to Mike Davis with Christian McCaffrey sidelined for all but four games. He appeared in 14 games and recorded 10 carries for 33 yards, along with three receptions for 16 yards.
- Indianapolis Colts quarterback Carson Wentz was a full participant in practice. He will play against the Seahawks on Sunday, per NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport. Guard Quenton Nelson (foot, back) and cornerback Xavier Rhodes (calf) did not practice. Wide receiver Parris Campbell (Achilles) and offensive tackle Eric Fisher (Achilles) were limited.
- The Tennessee Titans activated offensive linemen Ben Jones and Nate Davis from the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- Green Bay Packers linebacker Za'Darius Smith (back) practiced in a limited capacity.
- The Washington Football Team listed receiver Curtis Samuel as a non-participant after he tweaked his groin, Rapoport reported. "He wasn't feeling as well as we hoped … If Curtis plays, great. If not, great," coach Ron Rivera said, via NFL Network's Kim Jones.
- The Dallas Cowboys activated receiver Noah Brown from the reserve/COVID-19 list. Offensive tackle Ty Nsekhe (foot) was a full participant in Wednesday's practice. Guard Zack Martin, who's expected not to play Thursday after testing positive for COVID-19 last week, did not board the team charter, NFL Network's Jane Slater reported.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers safety Jordan Whitehead (hamstring) has been ruled out for Thursday's opener versus the Cowboys. Wide receivers Antonio Brown (knee) and Chris Godwin (quad) were full participants and do not have game designations.
- New York Jets left tackle Mekhi Becton (concussion) was a full participant.
- San Francisco 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan told reporters that receiver Jalen Hurd (knee) is a candidate for injured reserve. Quarterback Trey Lance was limited in practice with his finger injury. After noting that Lance "should be able to do everything" despite his status, Shanahan was again mum on the possibility of the rookie playing Sunday. "I'm not sure yet. We'll see how practice goes today" he said. "We haven't been able to do anything live yet. He can do it on air, but that'll be decided off of Wednesday, Thursday, Friday."
- The Atlanta Falcons placed cornerback Kendall Sheffield on injured reserve.
- The Houston Texans placed kicker Ka'imi Fairbairn on injured reserve. Quarterback Deshaun Watson (not injury related) did not practice. Defensive lineman Whitney Mercilus (thigh) was limited.
- Tennessee Titans wide receiver A.J. Brown (knee) did not practice.
- Jacksonville Jaguars cornerback Tre Herndon (knee) did not practice.
- New England Patriots wide receiver Nelson Agholor (ankle) was limited in practice.
- Miami Dolphins wide receiver Preston Williams (foot) was limited in practice.
- Cleveland Browns defensive end Jadeveon Clowney (illness) did not practice. Wide receiver Odell Beckham, center JC Tretter and cornerback Greedy Williams (groin) were limited.
- New York Giants running back Saquon Barkley (knee), wide receiver Kenny Golladay (hamstring), cornerback Adoree' Jackson (ankle), tight end Kyle Rudolph (foot), defensive tackle Danny Shelton (neck), offensive tackle Andrew Thomas (ankle) and WR Kadarius Toney (hamstring) were limited in practice.
- Buffalo Bills defensive tackle Star Lotulelei (calf) did not practice. Wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders (foot) was limited.
- Detroit Lions defensive end Michael Brockers (shoulder) was limited in practice.
- Philadelphia Eagles guard Brandon Brooks (guard) was limited in practice.
- Minnesota Vikings linebacker Anthony Barr (knee), tight end Tyler Conklin (hamstring) and offensive tackle Christian Darrisaw (groin) were limited in practice.
- Chicago Bears nose tackle Eddie Goldman (knee/ankle) did not practice. Receiver Darnell Mooney (back) and linebackers Khalil Mack (groin) and Robert Quinn (back) were limited.
- The Kansas City Chiefs listed defensive end Frank Clark (hamstring), receiver Mecole Hardman (oblique) and defensive tackle Derrick Nnadi (hip) as limited. Offensive lineman Austin Blythe (abdomen) did not practice.
- Los Angeles Chargers running back Austin Ekeler did not practice Wednesday due to a hamstring injury. Offensive tackle Bryan Bulaga (groin) was a full participant.
- Denver Broncos linebacker Bradley Chubb (ankle) did not participate in practice. Tight end Noah Fant (knee) was limited.
- Seattle Seahawks running back Rashaad Penny (calf) was limited in Wednesday's practice, but running back Chris Carson (neck) was a full go.
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers signed kicker Jose Borregales to the practice squad.
- The Chicago Bears signed defensive tackle Margus Hunt and nose tackle Damion Square to the practice squad.
- The Denver Broncos signed cornerback Saivion Smith to the practice squad.
- The Baltimore Ravens signed defensive tackle Reginald McKenzie to the practice squad.
- The Houston Texans signed veteran wide receiver Danny Amendolato the active roster and defensive back Cre'von LeBlanc to the practice squad.
- The Seattle Seahawks added linebacker Tanner Muse and tight end DeShon Williams to the practice squad.