USC safety Dion Bailey to announce NFL draft decision Monday

Dion-Bailey-tos-121813.jpg

USC safety Dion Bailey will end the suspense and announce his intentions for the 2014 NFL Draft at a media availability Monday.

Rich Hammond of the Orange County Register reported the press conference will not be organized by USC, which suggests it's likely that Bailey will be declaring for the draft.

Bailey might have made up his mind about 2014 a while ago. He said last week that he would wait until after USC played in the Dec. 21 Las Vegas Bowl to make his announcement and was wary of becoming a distraction for the team. The redshirt junior recorded four tackles, including two for loss, Saturday in the Trojans' win over Fresno State.

He led the team in interceptions with five this season.

Bailey (6-foot-, 200 pounds) played linebacker for his first two seasons before moving to safety in 2013. NFL Media analyst Charles Davis has said safety appears to be a more natural spot for him, and that toughness is not an issue with him.

This article has been reproduced in a new format and may be missing content or contain faulty links. Please use the Contact Us link in our site footer to report an issue.

Related Content

Gamepass_vert_web_r

See all the Action

Replay every game all season.