The Browns sent Odell Beckham home Thursday with an illness.
Coach Kevin Stefanski said the star wide receiver has not tested positive for COVID-19 thus far but the team had him leave the facility out of "an abundance of caution."
"He's just feeling under the weather," Stefanski added.
The development comes just as Cleveland's preparation ramps up for an AFC North showdown with the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday. The two teams sit a half-game apart in the league's lone division featuring three four-win squads.
Beckham has heated up in recent weeks while energizing one of the league's most prolific offenses. It's a unit that has already been working without a healthy starting quarterback. Baker Mayfield, who's been hampered by a ribs injury this week, will again be limited in practice.
Here are other injuries and roster news we're tracking on Thursday:
- Tennessee Titans defensive tackle Jeffery Simmons has been activated from the COVID-19 list, the team announced Thursday. The second-year standout has been sidelined since testing positive on Oct. 3 amid a breakout in Tennessee. The team also placed running back Darrynton Evans (hamstring) on injured reserve. Wide receiver A.J. Brown (knee) and linebacker Jadeveon Clowney (knee, illness) did not practice Thursday.
- Dallas Cowboys coach Mike McCarthy said linebacker Leighton Vander Esch is expected to be full-go at practice Thursday, putting him in line to play in Monday night's game against the Cardinals. Vander Esch has been out since breaking his collarbone in Week 1.
- Minnesota Vikings running back Dalvin Cook (groin) remained out of practice.
- Kansas City Chiefs coach Andy Reid said wide receiver Sammy Watkins (hamstring) won't practice Thursday. He also confirmed that guard Kelechi Osemele, who was carted off the field this past Sunday, tore tendons in his knee. It has not been determined whether he will need season-ending surgery.
- New England Patriots cornerback Stephon Gilmore has been removed from the COVID list. The All-Pro DB and quarterback Cam Newton both returned to practice as full participants Thursday. Wide receiver Julian Edelman (knee) was limited.
- Miami Dolphins linebacker Kyle Van Noy (groin) was limited at practice.
- New York Giants linebacker Kyler Fackrell (ankle), defensive lineman Dexter Lawrence (knee), defensive back Jabrill Peppers (ankle) and wide receiver Darius Slayton (foot) were limited Thursday.
- Detroit Lions running back running back Adrian Peterson (illness) and center Frank Ragnow (groin) did not practice.
- Buffalo Bills cornerback Tre'Davious White (back) and linebacker Matt Milano (pec) were limited.
- Jacksonville Jaguars D.J. Chark (ankle) and tight end Tyler Eifert (neck) remained out of not practice, wide receiver Laviska Shenault Jr. (hamstring) was limited and linebacker Myles Jack (ankle) was back to full-go.
- The Falcons did not practice Thursday, but wide receiver Julio Jones (hamstring) was again listed as a DNP in their estimated report. Defensive end Dante Fowler (ankle), wide receiver Russell Gage (shoulder), tight end Hayden Hurst (back), defensive tackle Grady Jarrett (back), defensive end Takkarist McKinley (groin), safety Keanu Neal (hamstring) and linebacker Foye Oluokun (knee) were also listed as limited for the second straight day.
- Philadelphia Eagles cornerback Darius Slay (concussion) returned to practice as a limited participant. For the second day in a row, offensive tackle Lane Johnson did not practice and wide receiver Alshon Jeffery (foot) and cornerback Avonte Maddox (ankle) were limited.
- The Arizona Cardinals placed linebacker Chandler Jones (biceps) on injured reserve and signed linebacker Isaiah Irving from the Broncos' practice squad. Jones will undergo surgery on his arm and miss the rest of the season. Linebacker Devon Kennard (calf) was limited in practice.
- Chicago Bears defensive back Deon Bush (hamstring) did not practice for the second straight day.
- Washington quarterback Dwayne Haskins (illness) remained out of practice, while running back Antonio Gibson was a full participant after being limited Wednesday.
- Baltimore Ravens offensive tackle Ronnie Stanley (shoulder) returned to practice, while cornerback Marcus Peters (thigh) and safety Jimmy Smith (knee) remained limited.
- Green Bay Packers wide receiver Davante Adams, who has not played since Week 2 with a hamstring injury, was full-go for the second day in a row.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Mike Evans (ankle) was limited after missing Wednesday's practice. Wide receiver Chris Godwin (hamstring), tight end Rob Gronkowski (shoulder), running back Leonard Fournette (ankle), linebacker Lavonte David(knee), running back LeSean McCoy (ankle), wide receiver Scott Miller (hip, groin) and linebacker Jason Pierre-Paul (knee) were also limited again.
- Denver Broncos tight end Noah Fant (ankle) and defensive tackle Mike Purcell (knee) were in practice for the second straight day.
- Carolina Panthers defensive end Brian Burns (concussion) returned to practice in a limited capacity, and cornerback Donte Jackson and wide receiver Curtis Samuel were limited for the second day in a row.
- Houston Texans left tackle Laremy Tunsil (shoulder) and tight end Jordan Akins (ankle, concussion) were limited in practice.