Skip to main content

Snoop Dogg's son transfers to Vegas prep powerhouse


Cordell Broadus, one of the nation's top 200 juniors and the son of rapper Snoop Dogg, is changing high schools and now is enrolled at powerhouse Las Vegas Bishop Gorman.

Broadus (6-foot-3, 186 pounds) is considered one of the top 20 wide receivers nationally in the 2015 recruiting class. He has been offered scholarships by the likes of Baylor, Duke, Florida State, Notre Dame, UCLA and USC. He starred for the past two seasons at Diamond Bar High in suburban Los Angeles.

The Las Vegas Sun reported that for a player to be eligible for high school football in Nevada, a family must have residency. Presumably, that means Snoop Dogg (or, rather, Snoop Lion, as he prefers to be called now) will be moving to Vegas.

Broadus had 60 receptions for 685 yards and eight touchdowns for Diamond Bar in 2013. Diamond Bar coach Ryan Maine had told the San Gabriel (Calif.) Valley Tribune in December that Broadus would transfer because "he wants to play for a bigger school to get him ready for college."

Bishop Gorman is one of the better football programs in the western U.S. Among recent Bishop Gorman alums are running back DeMarco Murray and linebacker Ryan Reynolds, who played at Oklahoma; tight end Xavier Grimble, who played at USC; running back Keola Antolin, who played at Arizona; and running back Shaquille Powell, who is at Duke.

New Orleans Saints offensive tackle Charles Brown, who attended USC, is a Diamond Bar High alum.

Broadus is one of three children of Calvin Broadus and his wife, Shante. His older brother, Corde, played football at Diamond Bar but was more interested in music and is an aspiring rapper.

Cordell's first scholarship offer came from UCLA. One of the Bruins' freshmen in 2013 was cornerback Justin Combs, whose dad is music mogul Sean "Diddy" Combs.

Mike Huguenin can be reached at You also can follow him on Twitter @MikeHuguenin.

This article has been reproduced in a new format and may be missing content or contain faulty links. Please use the Contact Us link in our site footer to report an issue.

Related Content