The full extent of DeSean Jackson's ankle injury has been learned.
Jackson is expected to be out 6-8 weeks with a non-displaced fracture in his ankle, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports. The thirteen-year veteran is frustrated but highly motivated to get back not only this year but the next, Garafolo adds.
The injury is similar to the one sustained by Eagles teammate Dallas Goedert, which adds to the coincidental theme of ailing pass-catchers in Philadelphia this season.
Jackson, 33, looked promising upon his return from injury on Thursday night. He was involved early and often, but an awkward tackle had his leg twisted beneath his body during a fourth-quarter punt return. Jackson was visibly frustrated as he exited the field with the help of the training staff. An MRI the next day confirmed the seriousness of the ankle injury and Jackson was then placed on injured reserve.
Here is other injury and roster news we're tracking on Saturday:
- The Las Vegas Raiders and New Orleans Saints have no new positive cases from Friday's round of COVID-19 testing, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports, per source. The news comes after both clubs had players test positive for COVID-19 this week which prompted COVID protocols within the clubs and resulted in both teams placing close contact players on the reserve/COVID list. Both Emmanuel Sanders and Trent Brown have already been ruled out for Week 7 but Saturday's news and Sunday's impending results maintain that Week 7 will be played as scheduled.
- The Saints also activated center Will Clapp and wide receivers Juwan Johnson and Austin Carr from the practice squad to the active roster.
- Buffalo Bills tight end Dawson Knox has tested positive for COVID-19 and is being placed on the reserve/COVID list, the team announced. After reviewing contact tracing protocols, the Bills have determined tight ends Lee Smith, Tommy Sweeney (currently on PUP list) and practice squad TE Nate Becker as isolated close contacts, and they will also be put on the reserve/COVID list. In additional roster moves, the Bills have elevated wide receiver Duke Williams, offensive lineman Jordan Devey, linebacker Andre Smith and cornerback Dane Jackson from the practice squad to the active roster. Linebacker Tyrel Dodson (hamstring) was placed on injured reserve.
- New York Jets wide receiver Jamison Crowder (groin) has been downgraded from questionable to doubtful for Sunday's game vs. the Bills. The team also announced they have activated rookie wide receiver Denzel Mims and offensive lineman Cameron Clark from injured reserve. Kicker Sergio Castillo and linebacker Bryce Hager have been elevated from the practice squad to the active roster.
- Los Angeles Chargers defensive end Melvin Ingram and defensive tackle Justin Jones have been activated from injured reserve. Tackle Bryan Bulaga (back) has been downgraded from questionable to doubtful for Sunday's game vs. the Jaguars. In corresponding moves, the team waived DE Jessie Lemonier and wide receiver Jason Moore, and activated running back Troymaine Pope from the practice squad to the active roster.
- The New England Patriots activated center David Andrews to the 53-man roster from injured reserve and elevated defensive linemen Tashawn Bower (standard elevation) and Nick Thurman (COVID-19 Replacement).
- Los Angeles Rams coach Sean McVay said tight end Tyler Higbee (hand) is listed as questionable for Monday Night Football.
- Denver Broncos cornerback A.J. Bouye has been activated from injured reserve along with defensive ends Dre'Mont Jones and DeMarcus Walker. The team also elevated linebacker Nigel Bradham and running back Jeremy Cox from the practice squad to the active roster. In corresponding moves, the Broncos CB DeVante Bausby and DL Timmy Jernigan were released. Defensive lineman Sylvester Williams was signed to the practice squad.
- Chicago Bears cornerback Michael Joseph has been moved from IR to the reserve/COVID-19 list. Defensive lineman Akiem Hicks (illness) was a full participant in practice and was removed from the injury report.
- The Kansas City Chiefs have moved guard Danny Isidora and receiver Marcus Kemp to the active roster from the practice squad. Defensive tackle Khalen Saunders has been activated from injured reserve while defensive end Alex Okafor (hamstring) has been placed on IR.
- The Cincinnati Bengals have activated defensive tackle Mike Daniels from injured reserve after fully recovering from an elbow injury. The team also elevated cornerback Winston Rose from the practice squad to the active roster while placing CB Torry McTyer on IR. Defensive tackle Kahlil McKenzie has been waived.
- Detroit Lions running back Bo Scarbrough and cornerback Mike Ford have been activated from injured reserve. The team also elevated tight end Isaac Nauta from the practice squad to the active roster while signing punter Arryn Siposs and offensive lineman Beau Benzschawel to the practice squad. Lastly, the Lions released CB Chris Jones, guard Kenny Wiggins, RB Dalyn Dawkins and TE Matt Sokol.
- Green Bay Packers tackle David Bakhtiari (chest) has been downgraded to out for Sunday vs. the Texans, the team announced. Bakhtiari will not travel with the team to Houston. Packers defensive lineman Billy Winn and guard Ben Braden have been signed to the active roster from the practice squad and safety Henry Black and running back Dexter Williams were elevated from the practice squad to the active roster. The team also announced the signing of linebacker James Burgess from the Atlanta Falcons practice squad, activated LB Kamal Martin from injured reserve.
- The Chicago Bears have ruled out safety Sherrick McManis (hamstring) for Monday night's game vs. the Rams. Khalil Mack (back), cornerback Buster Skrine (ankle), safety Deon Bush (hamstring), offensive lineman Rashaad Coward (finger), and left tackle Jason Spriggs (thumb) are officially questionable.
- The Houston Texans have added defensive tackle P.J. Hall to the Week 7 injury report with an illness. Pelissero reports that it's a non-COVID illness. Hall is officially questionable vs. the Packers on Sunday.
- Pittsburgh Steelers running back Trey Edmunds and linebacker Jay Elliott have been activated from the practice squad to the active roster. The team also signed punter Jordan Berry.
- The Jacksonville Jaguars have activated running back Devine Ozigbo (hamstring) from injured reserve and elevated safety Doug Middleton and tight end Eric Saubert from the practice squad to the active roster. RB Chris Thompson was placed on injured reserve.
- The Indianapolis Colts signed defensive end Cassius Marsh to the practice squad.
- The Arizona Cardinals elevated defensive lineman Trevon Coley from the practice squad.