The Eagles announced Saturday that Slay will not travel with the team to Arizona. Slay was listed as questionable on the official injury report and will now miss his first game of the season.
Along with Slay being held out, defensive back Grayland Arnold (hamstring) and running back Jason Huntley (illness) will not be traveling the team. The Eagles have since elevated safety Blake Countess and cornerback Jameson Houston from the practice squad to the active roster.
Slay's absence is paramount to an Eagles secondary that has dealt with a string of injuries this season. Starting CBs Avonte Maddox and Rodney McLeod were the most recent Eagles to land on season-ending injured reserve.
The Eagles (4-8-1) head into Arizona with a new quarterback and a newfound hope of claiming the NFC East.
Here's other news, injuries and transactions we're tracking on Saturday:
- Buffalo Bills star wide receiver Stefon Diggs exited Saturday's win over the Broncos early to have his foot evaluated. Coach Sean McDermott did not have an update on Diggs' status after the game, per ESPN.com, but NFL Network's Kim Jones reports the injury is not believed to be serious and shouldn't affect his availability going forward. Offensive tackle Daryl Williams hurt his groin vs. the Broncos. Defensive end A.J. Epenesa was evaluated for a head injury.
- Carolina Panthers rookie cornerback Troy Pride suffered a groin injury vs. the Packers.
- Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford (ribs, right thumb) is preparing to play on Sunday vs. the Titans, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reports, per a source. Stafford is officially listed as questionable on the injury report and hasn't missed a start this season despite a litany of ailments and a trip to the reserve/COVID-19 list. The Lions have activated tackle Halapoulivaati Vaitai from injured reserve and signed fellow T Dan Skipper to the active roster from the practice squad. Defensive end Kareem Martin, offensive lineman Marcus Martin and cornerback Alexander Myres were elevated from the practice squad to the active roster.
- Green Bay Packers running back Jamaal Williams suffered a quad injury vs. the Panthers.
- Denver Broncos running back Royce Freeman suffered a hip injury versus the Bills.
- New England Patriots running back Damien Harris (ankle) has been downgraded to out vs. the Dolphins on Sunday, the team announced. Wideout Donte Moncrief (thigh) has also been downgraded to out. The team activated linebacker Shilique Calhoun to the 53-man roster from IR and released defensive lineman Isaiah Mack.
- Houston Texans running back David Johnson (neck), cornerback Phillip Gaines (knee), RB C.J. Prosise and CB John Reid (neck) have been ruled out by the team for Sunday vs. the Colts and will not travel. The team activated linebacker Brennan Scarlett from IR, signed wide receiver Chad Hansen to the active roster and elevated defensive tackle Auzoyah Alufohai, cornerback Anthony Chesley and wide receiver Steven Mitchell for Week 15 versus the Colts.
- The Baltimore Ravens activated wide receivers Marquise Brown and Miles Boykin off the reserve/COVID-19 list and waived tight end Luke Willson. Cornerback Marcus Peters was fined $12,500 for unsportsmanlike conduct on Monday night after spitting at Browns wideout Jarvis Landry, Rapoport reported.
- Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Ryan Finley will get the start on Monday night vs. the Pittsburgh Steelers with Brandon Allen (knee) ruled out, head coach Zac Taylor revealed on Saturday.
- Kansas City Chiefs tackle Mike Remmers (back, neck) has been downgraded to out vs. the Saints. Remmers was originally listed as doubtful. Cornerback Deandre Baker, linebacker Emmanuel Smith and offensive lineman Stefen Wisniewski have been activated from the practice squad while wideout/returner Byron Pringle was activated from injured reserve.
- The Steelers listed running back James Conner as questionable for Monday's game due to a quad injury.
- The Washington Football Team signed quarterback Taylor Heinicke to the 53-man roster from the practice squad and released wide receiver Jeff Badet.
- Seattle Seahawks wide receiver DK Metcalf was fined $6,131 for jumping into the stands and taking control of a TV camera during his touchdown celebration last week, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports. Running back Rashaad Penny and defensive end Damontre Moore have been activated. Sunday will mark the 2020 debut for Penny, who tore his ACL just over a year ago.
- The Cleveland Browns have elevated guard Michael Dunn to the active roster from the practice squad.
- The Los Angeles Rans have activated defensive back Jake Gervase from the practice squad as a COVID-19 replacement.
- The Miami Dolphins have elevated wide receiver Isaiah Ford to the active roster and elevated tight end Chris Myarick from the practice squad as a COVID-19 replacement.
- The Atlanta Falcons have designated cornerback Delrick Abrams as a flex to their active roster for Sunday's game vs. the Bucs.
- The Washington Football Team have elevated quarterback Steven Montez and running back Michael Warren to the active roster from the practice squad.
- The Jacksonville Jaguars activated cornerback Chris Claybrooks and offensive lineman Andrew Norwell from IR. Cornerback Tre Herndon was activated from the reserve/COVID-19 list. Cornerback Quenton Meeks was elevated to the active roster. Offensive lineman Tre'Vour Wallace-Simms was activated from the practice squad as a COVID-19 replacement. Punter Logan Cooke (illness) was downgraded to out for Sunday's game versus the Ravens.
- The Arizona Cardinals placed kicker Zane Gonzalez (back) and defensive lineman Jordan Phillips (hamstring) on IR. They also activated tight end Darrell Daniels from IR, signed running back D.J. Foster to the active roster and elevated kicker Mike Nugent and linebacker Terrance Smith to the active roster from the practice squad.
- The New Orleans Saints placed wide receiver Michael Thomas on injured reserve, sidelining him for the final three games of the regular season. Drew Brees was officially activated from IR. The club also signed offensive lineman Will Clapp and wide receivers Juwan Johnson and Tommylee Lewis to the active roster, waived tight end Garrett Griffin and quarterback Trevor Siemian, placed wide receiver Deonte Harris on IR and elevated wide receiver Lil'Jordan Humphrey to the active roster. Cornerback Chauncey Gardner-Johnson was fined $5,128 for his latest unsportsmanlike conduct foul last week -- dragging an Eagles player away from the pile after an onside kick, according to Pelissero.
- The Chicago Bears activated cornerback Xavier Crawford ahead of Sunday's game against the Vikings. Cornerback Jaylon Johnson (shoulder) and safety Deon Bush (foot) have been downgraded from questionable to out.
- The Minnesota Vikings signed kicker Taylor Bertolet to the practice squad and elevated cornerback Cordrea Tankersley to the activate roster.
- The Tennessee Titans placed wide receiver Kalif Raymond on the reserve/COVID-19 list, activated linebacker Brooks Reed and offensive lineman Daniel Munyer from the practice squad, activated linebacker Wyatt Ray from the practice squad as a COVID replacement, signed linebacker Nate Orchard to the practice squad, placed wide receiver Cody Hollister on the practice squad reserve/COVID-19 list and removed punter Trevor Daniel from the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- The San Francisco 49ers activated linebacker Mark Nzeocha from IR, activated tight end Daniel Helm, offensive linemen Dakoda Shepley and Isaiah Williams from the practice squad and placed tight end Charlie Woerner on the reserve/COVID-19 list.