Friday's health and safety news from the world of football:
- A New York lawmaker has proposed a ban on youth tackle football for kids below the age of 14, the Albany Times Union reported.
- The Charlotte Observer wrote about UNC-Chapel Hill's Medical Center and its involvement in the NFLPA's recently announced health care program for retired players.
- WCSH-TV in Portland, Maine, looked at the concussion awareness efforts as part of the state's head injury law.
- KLTV-TV reported on the ImPACT concussion test and how it will help student athletes in Tyler, Texas.
- KQCW-TV in Tulsa, Okla., reported on a Tulsa company which received FDA approval on a concussion-diagnosing app.
-- Bill Bradley, contributing editor