K-State's top prospect is offensive lineman Cody Whitehair, who worked out at both center and guard. Whitehair mentioned at the combine that multiple NFL clubs had approached him about moving to center -- he played tackle for the Wildcats -- and he's been projected as high as the No. 28 overall pick of the draft.
But the action was everywhere: Oklahoma State, UConn, Northwestern, Illinois State, Jacksonville (Ala.) State, Samford and West Georgia also held pro days, as NFL scouts attended workouts in droves to assess some of the top players participating. Here are five other things we learned from Tuesday's pro days:
- "Baby Gronk" and Whitehair weren't the only prospects of note on hand for Kansas State's pro day. KSU DB Morgan Burns, who is also a return specialist, turned in 40-yard dashes of 4.40 and 4.38.
- Oklahoma State's Emmanuel Ogbah was arguably the top draft prospect in action anywhere Tuesday among pro day workouts, but that wasn't much action at all. One of the Big 12's top pass rushers, Ogbah stood on nearly all of his results from the NFL Scouting Combine, with the exception of the short shuttle, and went through position drills as well. And he had good reason to take a pass -- Ogbah ran a 4.63 40-yard dash at 273 pounds in Indianapolis, with a 35.5-inch vertical jump and a 10-1 broad jump. There were 30 NFL clubs in Stillwater.
- The UConn pro day reportedly drew representatives from 18 clubs, and it was a good day for Kenton Adeyemi. Listed at 291 pounds, the Huskies defensive lineman reportedly ran a 4.9 40-yard dash with a 31-inch vertical jump.
- The Northwestern pro day drew representatives from 31 teams, including New England Patriots Director of Player Personnel Nick Caserio, who took an active role in drills. He also interviewed Wildcats FB Dan Vitale, according to the Chicago Tribune. Not surprisingly, given the short distance, the Chicago Bears were heavily represented at Northwestern, as well.
- Sleeper watch: NFL Media senior analyst Gil Brandt got word that Ferris State QB Jason Vanderlaanturned heads while participating in Northwestern's pro day.