Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston won't announce a decision on entering the NFL draft until next week, his father said Tuesday.
Antonor Winston told ESPN.com that any decision will be announced after next Monday, the day of the national championship game.
Jameis Winston, a third-year sophomore who is eligible for the draft, has until Jan. 15 to declare for the 2015 draft.
He and the Seminoles lost 59-20 to Oregon in last week's Rose Bowl to snap a 29-game winning streak, and he told reporters afterward that he wasn't thinking about the draft. "I'm not focused on that at all," he said. "I'm looking forward to next season and playing baseball. I'm just trying to get better every day."
FSU's baseball season begins in February, and while declaring for the draft wouldn't necessarily preclude him from playing baseball, conventional wisdom would be that Winston -- who turned 21 on Tuesday -- would need to focus on draft preparation.
Winston's off-field issues have been well-documented, and NFL Media analyst Bucky Brooks wrote that "his character issues will raise red flags in most meeting rooms." But Brooks also wrote that "Winston remains the most pro-ready passer in college football. He is an exceptional pocket passer with big-time talent and valuable experience in a pro system."
FSU also is awaiting underclass decisions from cornerback Ronald Darby, defensive tackle Eddie Goldman, defensive end Mario Edwards Jr. and kicker Roberto Aguayo. Cornerback P.J. Williams announced Tuesday that he is turning pro.