Dwayne Haskins returned to the Washington Football Team's facility Friday.
NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported Friday that Haskins is back in meetings after missing time due to a gastrointestinal issue.
Haskins was not at last week's loss to L.A. due to an illness and has been out of practices and meetings this week.
The second-year quarterback was benched by coach Ron Rivera last week in favor of Kyle Allen, who remains the starter. Alex Smith is the backup. Haskins is the third QB.
Haskins' return to meetings is a positive sign, but it remains unclear whether he'll be active for Sunday's game against the New York Giants.
In other roster news, guard Brandon Scherff has been activated off injured reserve.
Here's other injury and roster news we're tracking on Friday:
- All Cleveland Browns players and staff, including wideout Odell Beckham, have tested negative for COVID-19 from Thursday's round of testing, sources tell Pelissero. Beckham was sent home with illness on Thursday out of "an abundance of caution" and will remain out of the building on Friday per COVID protocol. Fellow wideout Jarvis Landry (ribs/hip) returned to practice and is pushing to play on Sunday, Stefanski says. Beckham, Landry and quarterback Baker Mayfield (chest) are listed as questionable. In transaction news, the Browns have signed quarterback Kyle Lauletta to their practice squad, but a source tells Pelissero that the league has informed the team he isn't eligible to dress on Sunday because he won't complete the necessary COVID protocols before the team departs for Pittsburgh on Saturday.
- San Francisco 49ers quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo (ankle) is off the injury report and good to go Sunday, Pelissero reported. Linebacker Kwon Alexander (ankle) is out, and running back Jeff Wilson (calf) and cornerback Emmanuel Moseley (concussion) are questionable.
- Former Dallas Cowboys defensive end David Irving has been conditionally reinstated, per Pelissero. Irving is officially a free agent.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receivers Mike Evans (ankle) and Chris Godwin (hamstring) are good to go Sunday vs. the Packers after being taken off the injury report. Running back Leonard Fournette (ankle) was listed as questionable after being a limited participant in practice all week.
- Green Bay Packers wide receiver Davante Adams (hamstring) is also off the injury report and will make his return vs. the Bucs.
- The Pittsburgh Steelers have ruled out wide receiver Diontae Johnson (back) and guard David DeCastro (abdomen).
- New York Jets quarterback Sam Darnold (right shoulder) and offensive tackle Mekhi Becton (shoulder) are doubtful. Receiver Breshad Perriman (ankle) and defensive lineman Quinnen Williams (hamstring) are questionable.
- Houston Texans tight end Jordan Akins (ankle/concussion) is questionable.
- New England Patriots center James Ferentz is being placed on the reserve/COVID list, a source tells Pelissero.
- Indianapolis Colts coach Frank Reich has ruled out tight end Mo Alie-Cox (knee) and tackle Chaz Green for Sunday. Tackle Anthony Castonzo is questionable, and linebacker Darius Leonard (groin) is doubtful.
- Philadelphia Eagles coach Doug Pederson revealed guard Matt Pryor has an illness and will be out on Sunday vs. the Ravens. The team later announced Pryor has been placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list. Jamon Brown will start in his place. Pryor has been put into the COVID protocols as a precaution. Right tackle Lane Johnson (ankle), cornerback Avonte Maddox (ankle) and wideout DeSean Jackson (hamstring) have been officially ruled out. Pederson also announced cornerback Darius Slay will play Sunday after clearing concussion protocol.
- Denver Broncos running back Melvin Gordon is not practicing on Friday because of an illness. Gordon's illness is not COVID-related, per NFL Network's Mike Garafolo. Gordon is listed as questionable along with quarterback Drew Lock (shoulder), who coach Vic Fangio says "trending the right way." Tight end Noah Fant (ankle) is also questionable.
- Minnesota Vikings running back Dalvin Cook (groin) has been officially ruled out for Sunday after not practicing all week. Guard Dru Samia (wrist) was also ruled out.
- The New York Giants have activated linebacker David Mayo off injured reserve. He is set to make his season debut against Washington.F
- The Tennessee Titans announced they have activated fullback Khari Blasingame from the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones (hamstring) was taken off the injury report after being a limited participant in practice on Friday. Defensive lineman Takkarist McKinley (groin) has been officially ruled out for Sunday.
- Baltimore Ravens defensive end Derek Wolfe (concussion/neck) is listed as doubtful vs. the Eagles. Cornerback Marcus Peters (thigh) and tackle Ronnie Stanley (shoulder) are questionable but both practiced in full on Friday.
- Miami Dolphins linebackers Kyle Van Noy (groin) and Shaq Lawson (shoulder) are listed as questionable for Sunday vs. the Jets. Nose tackle Davon Godchaux (torn bicep) has been placed on IR.
- The Chicago Bears activated veteran defensive tackle John Jenkins from IR. He is listed as questionable for Sunday.
- Carolina Panthers center Tyler Larsen has been added to the reserve/COVID-19 list. Rookie defensive end Yetur Gross-Matos (ankle) was placed on IR.