Tuesday's health and safety news from the world of football:
- The Indianapolis Star reported that Indiana became the first state Monday to require youth football coaches to undergo concussion training.
- Motor Sports Talk profiled motorsports inventor Bill Simpson and his drive to create a better football helmet.
- USA Today looked at the Wounded Warriors Softball Team, which recently played a group of NFL players in a celebrity game in Fort Worth, Texas.
- AppVerse reported that Apple is continuing its "Your Verse" ad campaign to show how iPads are being used to diagnose sports-related concussions.
- WMOT-FM in Murfreesboro, Tenn., reported on the rollout of the state's concussions laws for spring sports.
-- Bill Bradley, contributing editor