Monday's health and safety news from the world of football:
- Forbes Magazine looked at how Seattle-based X2 Biosystems is poised to change the approach to evaluation of traumatic brain injury and concussions.
- This week's Dr. Roach column for the Alexandria (La.) Town Talk explained post-concussion syndrome to readers.
- KOAA-TV in Pueblo, Colo., looked at how the community's football coaches have been ahead of the curve in teaching concussion awareness.
- Green Bay Press-Gazette coaching columnist Bill Gosse wrote about the concussion training that football coaches must undergo.
- The Sports Agent Blog featured a freelance article on the decision of whether or not prospective NFL rookies should choose a private NFL combine training facility or train themselves.
- Med Page Today reported on a recently released study that said painkillers might worsen the headache after a concussion.
-- Bill Bradley, contributing editor