The Washington Commanders are filling the hole on the interior of the offensive line with an experienced guard.
NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported that Washington is expected to sign Andrew Norwell, per sources informed of the situation. The two sides are close on a deal, Rapoport added.
Norwell spent his first four seasons with the Carolina Panthers, earning All-Pro honors in 2017. He then signed a big-money deal in Jacksonville in 2018.
The 30-year-old allowed three sacks on 667 pass-blocking snaps in 2021, per Pro Football Focus.
Signing Norwell helps explain the Commanders cutting of Ereck Flowers. Washington also lost guard Brandon Scherff to Jacksonville in free agency.
- The Arizona Cardinals re-signed long snapper Aaron Brewer and agreed to terms with punter Andy Lee on one-year contracts.
- The Atlanta Falcons are signing former Chargers and Raiders cornerback Casey Hayward to a two-year, $11 million contract, Rapoport reported, per a source. The team also announce it had re-signed defensive tackle Anthony Rush, offensive lineman Colby Gossett, cornerback Teez Tabor and offensive lineman Elijah Wilkinson. Atlanta is signing former Chiefs and Bears running back Damien Williams to a one-year deal, per Rapoport.
- The Baltimore Ravens are signing defensive tackle Michael Pierce to a three-year, $16.5 million deal, Rapoport reported. Pierce was released this week by the Vikings and is now returning to Baltimore where he started his career from 2016-2019. The team later announced it had agreed to terms with Pierce on a three-year contract.
- The Buffalo Bills are releasing wide receiver Cole Beasley, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported. The team later announced the release. The Bills are signing defensive end Shaq Lawson to a one-year deal, per Pelissero. Lawson was a first-round pick of Buffalo in 2016 and spent four seasons there prior to single seasons with the Dolphins and Jets.
- The Carolina Panthers are signing linebacker Damien Wilson to a two-year deal, Garafolo reported. A former Cowboy and Chiefs, Wilson is coming off a career-high 106 tackles in his one season with the Jaguars.
- The Chicago Bears announced Thursday they have released long snapper Beau Brinkley. The team is also signing former Chiefs wide receiver Byron Pringle to a one-year, $4 million deal, per Rapoport. Pringle's getting $4 million guaranteed with an addition $2 million possible in incentives.
- The Cincinnati Bengals found a replacement for C.J. Uzomah at tight end, agreeing to a one-year deal with former first-round pick Hayden Hurst. Cincy also is bringing back quarterback Brandon Allen to back up Joe Burrow for another season, per NFL Network's Tom Pelissero. The Bengals re-signed wide receiver Mike Thomas to a one-year contract earlier Thursday, per Pelissero.
- The Dallas Cowboys are releasing offensive lineman La'el Collins after failing to find a trading partner for the veteran, per Rapoport and Pelissero.
- The Denver Broncos extended a right of first refusal tender to linebacker Malik Reed.
- The Detroit Lions are re-signing quarterback David Blough to a one-year, $1.35 million deal, per Pelissero. The team is signing tight end Garrett Griffin, who played under head coach Dan Campbell while with the Saints, Pelissero reported.
- The Green Bay Packers are signing former Bears punter Pat O'Donnell, Pelissero reports. The team announced it has re-signed linebacker De'Vondre Campbell.
- The Houston Texans are re-signing running back Royce Freeman to a one-year deal, Rapoport reports. Houston is also signing former Lions linebacker Jalen Reeves-Maybin to a two-year, $7.5 million deal, per Pelissero. Reeves-Maybin makes $5 million fully guaranteed at signing and can earn up to $9 million with incentives.
- The Indianapolis Colts' signing of cornerback Brandon Facyson includes $3.84 million of base salary and another $800,000 in incentives on the one-year deal, Garafolo reported.
- The Jacksonville Jaguars announced Thursday they have re-signed cornerback Tre Herndon.
- The Las Vegas Raiders signed offensive lineman Alex Bars and defensive back Darius Phillips and announced the signings of fullback Jakob Johnson. The team announced the official signing of linebacker Chandler Jones. The team announced it has signed wide receiver Mack Hollins.
- The Los Angeles Chargers announced they re-signed kicker Dustin Hopkins to a multiyear contract. The team is re-signing defensive tackle Christian Covington, Garafolo reported. Covington had a career-high 52 tackles in 2021 -- his first season with the Bolts.
- The Los Angeles Rams are signing top free-agent wide receiver Allen Robinson to a three-year contract worth $46.5 million, per Pelissero. The team announced the signing shortly thereafter.
- The Miami Dolphins are signing former 49ers receiver Trent Sherfield to a one-year deal, per Pelissero. The team announced the official signing of quarterback Teddy Bridgewater, fullback Alec Ingold and receiver Cedrick Wilson. Miami is re-signing linebacker Brennan Scarlett to a one-year deal, per NFL Network's Cameron Wolfe. The team announced the signing of cornerback Keion Crossen.
- The New Orleans Saints are signing former 49ers defensive lineman Kentavius Street, per Pelissero.
- The New York Giants released veteran defensive back Logan Ryan. Ryan spent two seasons in New York. The team announced it has re-signed offensive tackle Korey Cunningham.
- The New York Jets are signing former Texans pass rusher Jacob Martin to a three-year, $13.5 million extension, Rapoport reports, per a source. Rapoport adds that the deal includes more available incentives and $6 million in guaranteed money.
- The Philadelphia Eagles released defensive lineman Fletcher Cox with a post-June 1 designation, Garafolo reported. At 4 p.m. ET, $18 million would have become fully guaranteed to Cox. He is now a free agent, but there are discussions for him to return.
- The Pittsburgh Steelers released linebacker Joe Schobert, per Pelissero. The team later announced the release. A former Pro Bowler with the Browns, Schobert played one season with the Jaguars before he was traded to Pittsburgh ahead of the 2021 campaign. He had 112 tackles last year -- his fifth in a row with more than 100 tackles. The Steelers announced they have signed former Jaguars linebacker Myles Jack to a two-year contract. The Steelers also announced they have signed cornerback Levi Wallace to a two-year deal and offensive lineman Mason Cole to a three-year deal, and Pelissero reported they're re-signing cornerback Ahkello Witherspoon.
- The San Francisco 49ers signed former Packers linebacker Oren Burks to a two-year deal. The Niners are also signing former Panthers and Steelers kick returner Ray-Ray McCloud, per Pelissero. Last year's leader in punt return yardage is getting a two-year deal worth up to $10.4 million.
- The Seattle Seahawks announced they have re-signed cornerback Sidney Jones.
- The Tennessee Titans have agreed to terms with former Seahawks offensive lineman Jamarco Jones.
- The Washington Commanders announced they have re-signed cornerback Troy Apke, centers Jon Toth and Tyler Larsen, linebacker Milo Eifler and defensive tackle Daniel Wise.
- The Las Vegas Raiders are acquiring wide receiver Davante Adams from the Green Bay Packers in exchange for first- and second-round picks in the 2022 NFL Draft, per Rapoport and Pelissero.
- The Cincinnati Bengals are hosting offensive lineman La'el Collins for a visit. Collins was released by the Cowboys on Thursday.