- Los Angeles Chargers cornerback Asante Samuel Jr. was ruled out in the second half of Sunday night's game with a concussion.
- Pittsburgh Steelers guard J.C. Hassenauer was ruled out of Sunday night's game in the first half due to a shoulder injury.
- Chicago Bears rookie quarterback Justin Fields was ruled out of Sunday's loss to Baltimore due to a ribs injury suffered in the second half. Veteran Andy Dalton took over under center.
- Green Bay Packers left tackle Elgton Jenkins is feared to have torn his ACL in Sunday's loss to Minnesota, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported. The Pro Bowl offensive lineman will undergo an MRI. Defensive lineman Tyler Lancaster suffered a thumb injury.
- Indianapolis Colts guard Quenton Nelson suffered an ankle injury against Buffalo.
- Cleveland Browns receiver Jarvis Landry exited with a knee injury against Detroit.
- Tennessee Titans receiver A.J. Brown suffered a chest injury against Houston.
- New York Jets running back Michael Carter (ankle) was ruled out against Miami. Linebacker C.J. Mosley was being evaluated for a concussion.
- Jacksonville Jaguars defensive back Rayshawn Jenkins was ejected from their loss to San Francisco in the second quarter. Cornerback Shaquill Griffin was ruled out with a concussion. Offensive lineman Cam Robinson (knee), receiver Jamal Agnew (hip) and cornerback Tyson Campbell (shoulder) all exited early.
- Detroit Lions tackle Halapoulivaati Vaitai was ruled out with a concussion.
- Dallas Cowboys wide receiver CeeDee Lamb suffered a concussion and did not return against the Chiefs. Safety Donovan Wilson suffered a shoulder injury.
- Miami Dolphins linebacker Brennan Scarlett (knee) was ruled out against the Jets.
- Carolina Panthers offensive lineman Dennis Daley injured his glute against Washington.
- Washington Football Team center Tyler Larsen (knee) and tackle Samuel Cosmi (hip) exited early against Carolina.
- Houston Texans defensive lineman Jordan Jenkins was ruled out with a knee injury.
- Philadelphia Eagles running back Jordan Howard (knee) and linebacker Davion Taylor (knee) were ruled out of their win over New Orleans. Linebacker Shaun Bradley suffered a shoulder injury, and cornerback Darius Slay was evaluated for a concussion.
- Seattle Seahawks cornerback Tre Brown suffered a knee injury against the Cardinals.
- Kansas City Chiefs head coach Andy Reid told reporters that running back Jerick McKinnon (hamstring) cornerback Rashad Fenton (knee) would undergo further evaluation following their win over the Cowboys.
Ravens hire Mike Macdonald to be new defensive coordinator
Baltimore announced Thursday night the hiring of Mike Macdonald as the team's new defensive coordinator.
Panthers hire Chris Tabor as special teams coordinator
A former Cleveland Browns and Chicago Bears special teams coordinator, Chris Tabor is the new Carolina Panthers special teams coordinator, the team announced Thursday night.
Raiders put in request to interview Patriots OC Josh McDaniels for vacant head coaching job
The Las Vegas Raiders have put in a request to interview the Patriots' offensive coordinator for their head-coaching opening, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, with the hope he interviews with the team this weekend.
NFL injury updates, latest league news from Thursday, Jan. 27
Chiefs safety Tyrann Mathieu returned to practice ahead of Championship Sunday, increasing his chances of clearing concussion protocol in time for the AFC Championship game. Plus, other news from around the NFL.
Vikings GM Kwesi Adofo-Mensah ready to get to work after finding perfect fit in Minnesota
The Vikings have their new executive leader. The importance of Kwesi Adofo-Mensah's role in Minnesota was not lost on the 40-year-old general manager.
Cowboys DC Dan Quinn informs interested teams he's returning to Dallas for 2022 season
Dan Quinn's name was a hot one on the head coaching market, but he has informed prospective teams he is staying with the Dallas Cowboys as their defensive coordinator, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported.
NFL community reacts to Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger's retirement
Members of the NFL community and Steelers organization, both past and present, took to social media to pay their respect to Ben Roethlisberger's legacy and longevity following the news of his retirement after 18 seasons.
Bears hire Colts DC Matt Eberflus as head coach
The Chicago Bears are working toward hiring Indianapolis Colts defensive coordinator Matt Eberflus as their next head coach, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Thursday.
Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger officially announces retirement after 18 seasons
Longtime Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger announced Thursday morning that he has decided to retire after 18 NFL seasons.
Sean McVay, Rams seek to snap six-game losing streak vs. Kyle Shanahan, 49ers in NFC title game
The 49ers' six-game win-streak over the Rams suggests the team may have L.A.'s number entering the NFC Championship game. Rams coach Sean McVay downplayed such talk on Wednesday when asked if Niners coach and good friend Kyle Shanahan is in his head.
Bills GM Brandon Beane would like overtime rule change 'brought back to the table'
The Bills' painful overtime loss to the Chiefs on Sunday night has spurred the latest round of calls for the NFL to adjust its OT rules. Count Bills GM Brandon Beane among those who would like to see each team get a chance in OT.
Andy Reid on 'special' chemistry between Mahomes, Kelce and Hill: 'All three of them trust each other'
The Chiefs' ludicrous 13-second drive to send Sunday's AFC Divisional Round battle with the Bills to overtime doesn't happen without the mind-meld between Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill.