The New Orleans Saints' carousel at the kicker position won't be circling back to veteran starter Wil Lutz this season.
Lutz revealed via social media that a setback in his rehabilitation from surgery to repair a core muscle injury will sideline him for the remainder of the 2021 season.
"I want nothing more (than) to be out there with my teammates helping us win games, and I look forward to doing that when healthy!", Lutz wrote.
Lutz, a sixth-year veteran who has converted 142 of 164 career field goals (86.6 percent), was designated for return from injured reserve last week. In his absence, the Saints tried both Aldrick Rosas and Cody Parkey at the position, then signed Brian Johnson two weeks ago.
Monday night, Johnson connected on a 33-yard field goal in the final minutes to lift the Saints to a 13-10 road win over the Seattle Seahawks.
The Saints also fear that guard Andrus Peat suffered a torn pectoral muscle in the win and are awaiting MRI results to confirm the injury, according to NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport.
- The New York Giants placed safety Jabrill Peppers (knee/ankle) on injured reserve, per the transaction wire. Peppers suffered a ruptured ACL and a high ankle sprain, per the Giants.
- Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said he feels "very good" about where quarterback Dak Prescott is after dealing with an calf injury in recent weeks. The Cowboys play the Vikings on Sunday Night Football. The team later placed defensive end Brent Urban and defensive back Maurice Canady on injured reserve.
- The Baltimore Ravens designated defensive end Derek Wolfe for return from injured reserve, Wolfe, 31, has been on IR since Oct. 2 with a hip injury.
- Denver Broncos wide receiver Jerry Jeudy (ankle) is expected to return to action this Sunday vs. Washington, NFL Network's James Palmer reports. The team designated tight end Albert Okwuegbunam and linebacker Jonas Griffith to return from injured reserve. Denver also placed guard Netane Muti on the reserve/COVID-19 list. Pass rusher Von Miller, who injured his ankle in Thursday's loss to the Browns, is day to day, the team announced.
- The Carolina Panthers placed guard John Miller (ankle) on injured reserve.
- The Green Bay Packers placed wide receiver Allen Lazard on the team's reserve/COVID-19 list. Linebacker Preston Smith (oblique) was limited in practice Tuesday, as were defensive lineman Kenny Clark (ankle) and cornerback Kevin King (shoulder/back).
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins (hamstring) and defensive lineman J.J. Watt (shoulder) did not practice Tuesday. Linebacker Isaiah Simmons (shoulder) was limited and quarterback Kyler Murray was listed with a right finger injury but has been a full participant each of the last two days.
- The Miami Dolphins placed running back Malcolm Brown (quad) and defensive back Jason McCourty (foot) on injured reserve.
- The New England Patriots placed linebacker Harvey Langi on injured reserve, per the wire. Langi sprained his MCL in Week 7.
- The New York Jets placed linebackers Brian Cashman (groin) and Jamien Sherwood (Achilles) on injured reserve.
- The Los Angeles Chargers signed veteran free-agent kicker Dustin Hopkins.
- The New York Jets signed safety Jarrod Wilson to the active roster.
- The Indianapolis Colts signed safety Jahleel Addae and tight end Eli Wolf to the practice squad.
- The Arizona Cardinals signed safety Javon Hagan and cornerback Lavert Hill to the practice squad.
- The Atlanta Falcons signed defensive lineman Nick Thurman to the practice squad.
- The Miami Dolphins signed running back Duke Johnson to their practice squad and signed safety Sheldrick Redwine off the Panthers' practice squad.
- The Los Angeles Chargers waived kicker Tristan Vizcaino.
- The New York Jets released safety Adrian Colbert.
- The Arizona Cardinals released defensive lineman Jeremiah Ledbetter from the practice squad.
- The Indianapolis Colts released guard Zack Bailey from the practice squad.
- The Atlanta Falcons released wide receiver Keelan Doss from the practice squad.
- The Carolina Panthers waived punter Ryan Winslow and kicker Dominik Eberle.
- The Denver Broncos waived running back Damarea Crockett and linebacker Curtis Robinson, and released receiver John Brown and defensive back Saivion Smith from the practice squad.
- The Detroit Lions released veteran cornerback Daryl Worley.